Boonie-Bike Frame Color

SCooke123

Does anyone know of a close match to the original color on the Boonie-Bike frame? I've seen several that are close but not close enough. I still have enough color on it to possibly get a paint match but if I can find something pretty close that will work for me.

Thought I read Ford Tractor Blue ....

maybe someone else will chime in
Seems like I have seen some that are more of a green, and then some that are more metallic blue/green?
I ordered what I thought was more of blue/green but it seems too blue... But damn it looks beautiful out in the sun..

I've seen a few original paint examples and every one had a blue to blue green tint to them, saw an original ski that was unused and the color was vibrant.

SCooke123

Yep that's how the color left on my frame looks - more of a blue with greenish tint and a little metallic too. I was at a store tonight and looked at the Ford Tractor Blue color and it was too blue -no hint of green at all.

You need to look through a chip book at an automotive paint supply shop, auto paint when mixed and applied properly will outlast any rattle can and is oil and fuel resistant. Well worth the money of you're going to want to only do it once and have it stay looking good. I don't paint minibikes if at all possible, costs too much for me to do it right and I hate a shitty paint job worse than a raggedy looking bike.

UOTE=SCooke123;1129232]Yep that's how the color left on my frame looks - more of a blue with greenish tint and a little metallic too. I was at a store tonight and looked at the Ford Tractor Blue color and it was too blue -no hint of green at all.[/QUOTE]

I have a can that I had mixed up at my local paint store.. Its a plasticoat brand Teal Blue Metallic I have attached photos of the label with the formula
Very cool information Eric.

That's a Sherwin Williams polyurethane enamel from their "Dimension" line. (DA and DM dies and accelerators are Sherwin Williams)

Cool that you provided the mix ratios. Did you have this custom mixed, or was it from one of their paint chips? The reason I ask, is that the code doesn't cross, and not all paint stores carry the Sherwin Williams dyes.

Very cool information Eric.

That's a Sherwin Williams polyurethane enamel from their "Dimension" line. (DA and DM dies and accelerators are Sherwin Williams)

Cool that you provided the mix ratios. Did you have this custom mixed, or was it from one of their paint chips? The reason I ask, is that the code doesn't cross, and not all paint stores carry the Sherwin Williams dyes.
If I Remember correctly, I brought the Battery Box to the Paint shop and it was color matched (through a computer color eye) to an existing Formula (color) My Better half is an Automotive Paint (Interior) Lab Manger so I brought her along as she knows about that stuff...

Studeman68: I was wondering if you could do me a big favor. I noticed your Bonnie bike has a clutch cover decal which looks beautiful. Could you do me a favor and send me a close up picture of just the clutch cover decal in the highest resolution possible. Preferably on TIF format. I have a friend who is willing to make me the decal if I can get a high resolution photo. By the way, where in Michigan to do live. I live in Northville. Thanks for your help

Studeman68: I was wondering if you could do me a big favor. I noticed your Bonnie bike has a clutch cover decal which looks beautiful. Could you do me a favor and send me a close up picture of just the clutch cover decal in the highest resolution possible. Preferably on TIF format. I have a friend who is willing to make me the decal if I can get a high resolution photo. By the way, where in Michigan to do live. I live in Northville. Thanks for your help
Yep, I can get you one.. I'm out today but will dig that bike out tomorrow and get one..