bought another Arco

oldfatguy

I got this one off of ebay for 100 bucks. I couldn't resist it was only about 10 miles away. I just picked it up tonight, it's a nice straight frame plus it has the original grips and wheels and tires still on it. Not sure yet about the seat if it is original or not. It is missing the brake caliper, chain guard and front fender. and unfortunately the kickstand. The original color was red that I will try to save if I can get the purple paint off with some paint thinner. That's a 1965 2 1/2 hp briggs on it now but I have a few Tecumseh's to pick from that will go on it eventually. How do you like that fancy throttle ? I'm surprised that the forks never got bent with that on it plus no brakes.

Great to see another arco will be saved. i was actually watching that one being it was pretty close to home. When i seen it had a bid i decided to leave it alone being i just picked up the same exact bike from iron honky a week or two ago. Gotta love that throttle set up, when i seen the pic on ebay i thought that was the caliper taped up there. Good luck with it, make it pretty again. :scooter:

oldfatguy

got a chance to look it over a bit tonight, I found that it has the original key switch under that lawn mower throttle that was taped on there. I took some gas on a rag and got some of the purple paint off in spots. The original red paint is gone on the forks so this one will need to be stripped and painted. What I hoped was the original Arco decal under the paint on the forks turned out to be only a round foil decal circle. if it said anything on it it's long gone now. I'm still not sure about the seat yet. I took it off and the wood is old looking plus has traces of red paint on it. It looks like the cover was taken off to restuff it at some point . what now looks like a light green piping was originally silver as there is some left on the bottom. so it might be the original cover. I need to research it some more to try and find out for sure.

oldfatguy

the seat on the Arco Colt is the original factory seat with silver piping. The seat on this 3600 is a similar style but not as wide as the colt seat. It almost seems too narrow for the bike but that may be because of the foam pad being worn. It also looks like someone pulled it tighter when it was re-
stapled. this seat is on a 1970 Arco 3600. I can take some close up pics of the seats if it will help you make one.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/p...07285&title=july-2faugust-1969-adver&cat=1102

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=70601&title=arco&cat=1102

Last edited:

oldfatguy

Last edited:
It'd be cool to find some more brochure information on ARCO mini bikes. I've got 2 in my collection now that are definitely different and the one has a seat I haven't seen on another yet. I believe it to be original but haven't seen anything showing one.