Brake upgrade

Ok I have a old style doodle bug with a slightly modded predator it goes over 40 mph and the stock brake doesn't stop as good as it did with the stock engine. I was going to get a hydro brake from parts for scooters but have been reading that they fail ripping off at the bolt . Is there another brake that's better or can that pocket bike brake be strengthen for more reliability?

my bike only has a clutch brake and it works amazine. when you brake on the clutch is amplified just like your gear ratio. i can lock mine up at speeds over 25mph

go hydraulic , I have had one fail but I have several minis with it and all in all I think they work great , they require a true alignment however , most failures occur when people just bolt them on and ride like they stole it ! Anyone who has fooled w/DB'S know there ain't nothing straight from the Chinese sweat shop to begin with !

Well after my stock brakes pretty much completely stopped working at full adjustment I shaved my pitbike front brake and drilled some holes in it and stuck some bolts in them . I didn't modify the stock bracket and swapped my sprocket over to the disc brake side it works great. Even though the pads are very old and were soaking in oil on my shed house floor for over a week. I just cleaned then with dish soap and they work good not enough to lock up the tire on the street but will easily do it on dirt. I can now ride the bike like I stole it lol its much bigger than the pocket bike one that they sell for the db . I will get some new pads and really have it lock up .