Breaker Point Plunger Question

I am in the process of restoring some Briggs & Stratton three and four horsepower motors. I am replacing the old breaker, points, condenser ignition systems with electronic ignition modules. I'm wondering how to approach the hole left where the old points plunger was held. The way I see it I have several options. 1. Remove the plunger and leave the hole open. 2. Remove the plunger and seal the hole with gasket sealer or heat resistant RTV silicone. 3. Let the plunger in the hole to float up and down. 4. Let the plunger in the hole and seal around it in the up position with gasket sealer or RTV silicone. I would be curious as to how those of you who went to an electronic module have dealt with this issue. Thanks, Ogy Plunger-1.JPG Plunger-2.JPG

CarPlayLB

Briggs has a metal plug included in their coil kit. It is part number 231143. They say to use that if you take the points out. I have used silicon with good results too!

CarPlayLB

What type of silicone did you use Car? I'm not sure if rtv silicone will withstand the heat. Any thoughts? Ogy
I use the black stuff called "the right stuff" ...but ya gotta get really clean!
If you are nervous about that, tap it partially down and run a set screw in it with loctite. I might have a couple of the metal plugs. Send me a PM with your address and I will get them to you

Lot of good ideas here fellows. I think I'll insert a very short phillips head machine screw into the hole and cover the entire area with a high temp silicone sealant. JB weld is a good idea but maybe a little too permanent. Thanks guys. Ogy

125ccCrazy

I've used both RTV silicone and JB Weld on several engines with no issues with either...as Dave stated above use a Q tip and some acetone or other cleaning solvent prior to plugging the hole..you won't need a screw, there isn't that much crankcase pressure to blow either product out of the hole.