Briggs 3hp carb change

Bikerscum

I'm going to be using some technical language here, so if I talk over your head just move along, don't ask me to talk down to your level.

So, I have this engine with a front tank ...

and an up & down kinda carb with rotating choke....

I want to change it to a rear hangy type of carb/tank, with a sliding in & out kinda choke...

Is it a simple bolt on, or is there a lot of work involved? Governor hook up?

Will any size carb work or does it have to be a 3hp?

:grind: :grind:

Thanks

If u can find a 3hp "like the white one in your pic" then it is a bolt on no prob. 3hp and 5hp carbs are the same "pulsa jet' i think is what they are called. The pickup tube on the 5hp is longer hence the deeper tank, 3hp and 5hp tanks are different anyways a good doner 3hp would be suitable for your needs if u want governer and e.t.c. hope this helps.

Hangy type carb, kinda slidey carb & up and down carb.:laugh::laugh::laugh: I thought this was going to be technical talk:lol: You didn't use my favorite word, "the thingy":laugh:

If you were close to me i would have traded you one of my tank mounted carb 3hp briggs for your flow jet briggs. I think that it looks cooler

oldfatguy

yeah, a 3hp tank and carb will bolt right on. The 3hp uses a vane type governor which I think is the same on both style carbs except that the linkage might be different.