Briggs 5HP I/C build ...I need some guidance!

Just a FYI I have run the 22mm chikuni on my HS50 and it worked fine and on my briggs I made up a manifold for a Tilly as the EC briggs/tilly manifold interfered with my exhaust. I used a 304 tilly and had all kinds of idle and fuel dripping issues common to these until I read a article by EC britt about them being designed to be run stack down so the idle circuits work like any other carb. I cut the manifold and used a radiator hose and clamps so I could rotate it any way I wanted. tried sideways and still had issues then stack down problem solved, it idles and runs great.

Attachments

I74

Just a FYI I have run the 22mm chikuni on my HS50 and it worked fine and on my briggs I made up a manifold for a Tilly as the EC briggs/tilly manifold interfered with my exhaust. I used a 304 tilly and had all kinds of idle and fuel dripping issues common to these until I read a article by EC britt about them being designed to be run stack down so the idle circuits work like any other carb. I cut the manifold and used a radiator hose and clamps so I could rotate it any way I wanted. tried sideways and still had issues then stack down problem solved, it idles and runs great.

That's pretty slick !
Like the blue paint work also.

I74

Those were old pics as I built it many years ago. I put the correct fox tank on it although it has a incorrect speedway front end.
I rebuilt & tweaked a bunch of misc. old Tilly carbs over the years. ..Think a lot of them were on ''big'' old saws. ….
Remember also rebuilding & tweaking a pretty large one,, that went on a racing lawn mower.
It was the type of racing tractor that had racing Kart tires ect. on it.
Think the engine was a highly massaged Kohler.
It was ''really'' quick & fast. !!

I

Last edited: