Briggs Pulsa Jet Carb - Missing the Slide Choke

DrK

I bought a Bird Engineering Go Kart for a project. The BS engine has a Pulsa Jet Carb (part 495939) with a slide choke attached by a rivet. This slide choke is missing.

From what I can research, they don't sell that part. If anyone has an old carb body to sell or knows where I can buy a slide choke, please let me know. The image below is from outdoor power info. com, but they don't sell the choke separately.

NOS or used Pulsa Jets are selling for $150. If anyone has recommendations on what kind of carb to swap for the Pulsa Jet, that would be great to know.

Thanks!
choke_slide.jpg

Steve73

I bought a Bird Engineering Go Kart for a project. The BS engine has a Pulsa Jet Carb (part 495939) with a slide choke attached by a rivet. This slide choke is missing.

From what I can research, they don't sell that part. If anyone has an old carb body to sell or knows where I can buy a slide choke, please let me know. The image below is from outdoor power info. com, but they don't sell the choke separately.

NOS or used Pulsa Jets are selling for $150. If anyone has recommendations on what kind of carb to swap for the Pulsa Jet, that would be great to know.

Thanks!
View attachment 269222
Look in your local area for vintage edgers you could pick up one for cheap and use the parts you need. There is usually a old BS engine on them. Where I'm at I usually can pick one up for about $20.

DrK

Look in your local area for vintage edgers you could pick up one for cheap and use the parts you need. There is usually a old BS engine on them. Where I'm at I usually can pick one up for about $20.
Thanks! It's helpful to know these motors were on edgers. It's a horizontal motor, so obviously not on a lot of mowers!

You can, for around $58, replace the pulse carb with a mikuni style carb. You will need a PZ 19 or 22 carb, (depending upon your engine size), (find them on Ebay), Briggs intake part no, 691922 and a drill bit to enlarge the carb side holes in the manifold. This change will give your cart a better throttle response and a "cool factor" look. What I did not mention, is the need for a separate tank. For that, you can go cheap and still be under the cost of a new pulse carb, or go fancy and spend $100 or more for spun aluminum. Sometimes, you can find an old lawnmower style round tank, at your local mower repair shop.

ennui

You can, for around $58, replace the pulse carb with a mikuni style carb. You will need a PZ 19 or 22 carb, (depending upon your engine size), (find them on Ebay), Briggs intake part no, 691922 and a drill bit to enlarge the carb side holes in the manifold. This change will give your cart a better throttle response and a "cool factor" look. What I did not mention, is the need for a separate tank. For that, you can go cheap and still be under the cost of a new pulse carb, or go fancy and spend $100 or more for spun aluminum. Sometimes, you can find an old lawnmower style round tank, at your local mower repair shop.
Hi Steve would that manifold work for the 3.5 HP Briggs Model 94202?

Attachments