Briggs throttle hook up

Just curious if anyone has any pictures of an older briggs engine and how they hooked their throttle up? Im kind of scratching my head right now.

I use the existing linkage and just reverse the spring tension...choke linkage gets removed to make the choke manual, otherwise it comes on at full throttle...the return spring is hidden beneath the shroud.

I took a rear bike brake cable, hooked it up to an old 7/8 twist throttle I had around. The tricky thing was the throttle was backwards on the engine since i was using a twist throttle. So I disconnected the throttle switched it around and the twist works great. BTW I have a huge old 5hp briggs rotatiller engine bolted into a small rupp.

apskarting.com has a nice one for 9.95 i thing. its the one i have always used on theolder briggs. it runs the throttle cable over the top of the shroud toward the front.-phil

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
That's the same one turk bros sale. It's a common item sold at most kart supply companies.

Some people just like to fab. I call it miky mousing.

thanks a lot everyone. I have something going right now but I think I will purchase that throttle linkage hook linked. Now I just need a brake...