Briggs with a 3/4 by 3 inch crankshaft

Hi all,

Did Briggs make a 3.5 or 4 hp engine with a 3/4 by three inch crankshaft for use on a Rupp minibike?

Thanks,

Bill T.

Last edited:
No but I think a good machinist could make a proper spacer to make up the difference and you could run it with no issues provided it was made correctly and the keyway was used and cut in the spacer. I used an old cut down 1/2" craftsman socket to run a clutch outboard on a short shaft briggs and it still works, that's how I know a well made piece could do the job. Not ideal but a TAV would bolt right on I would think. Worth a try, could start a trend amongst the briggs fans with Rupps and piss off the purists at the same time. A win-win.

I would like to keep the Rupp all original but finding H35 engine parts especially
the 33085 crankshaft proving to be a real challenge. I have even contacted certified parts Corp with no luck. There is also the challenge of boring the block out or having it sleeved.

My next thought is a Honda GC 160 series engine. At least the cylinder is vertical like the Tecumseh. It may fit but would have to be stripped down to work.

Or a NOS Briggs Flathead raptor engine if I could find one.

Bill T