broken briggs cooling fin

I bought a sleeved block and it was shipped to me. However when it arrived the top fin was broken. I should be able to go without or even grind off and smooth around cylinder right? I jb welded it for now but I just don't know how long it will last. Makes me sick...hopefully seller on ebay will step up or I file with credit card company.

Attachments

Triley41395

If you decide to keep that block or you can't get a refund for whatever reason, don't have that fin welded back on until they weld the one below it, it's also cracked.

If you decide to keep that block or you can't get a refund for whatever reason, don't have that fin welded back on until they weld the one below it, it's also cracked.
Yes. it is about halfway cracked through. These blocks are non existent near me and for what I paid for it a partial refund etc would be fantastic. I am leaning towards brazing.

What’s it going on? Mini bike will stay cool enough. Kart also. But just begs the question that it still got broke in shipping and the price you likely paid???

s
Have you filed a dispute with eBay/PayPal? If not, (assumed) what are you waiting on? If this seller has not done anything by now, he is not going to refund your purchase.
Michael
He said he was opening one with usps. I am going to file one in the next couple of days if I don't hear anything.

He said he was opening one with usps. I am going to file one in the next couple of days if I don't hear anything.
Him fling with USPS is a completely separate issue which you are not a party to and should care less about. In the interim, and before (if ever?) he gets reimbursed from the USPS ("Good luck" with that!) he needs to provide you with a complete refund. If he wants the block back, that's fine, provided HE pays for the return shipping.
Michael

Him fling with USPS is a completely separate issue which you are not a party to and should care less about. In the interim, and before (if ever?) he gets reimbursed from the USPS ("Good luck" with that!) he needs to provide you with a complete refund. If he wants the block back, that's fine, provided HE pays for the return shipping.
Michael
thanks I em emailing again now.