Broncco decal sources and color codes?

Hi! I'm new to this forum and am in the process of restoring a couple of Bronccos for my collection. Do any of you guys have any extras or sources for decals for a TX1 Deluxe, TX1-L, and a TX6?

I'm also looking for paint codes for the TX6 orange (for a BC4), TX1-L yellow, and TX6 Candy Lime Gold. The only one I have an actual old sample of is the orange. Thanks! Dave

Hi! I'm new to this forum and am in the process of restoring a couple of Bronccos for my collection. Do any of you guys have any extras or sources for decals for a TX1 Deluxe, TX1-L, and a TX6?

I'm also looking for paint codes for the TX6 orange (for a BC4), TX1-L yellow, and TX6 Candy Lime Gold. The only one I have an actual old sample of is the orange. Thanks! Dave

Re. above post, I, too, am new here and am looking for decal sources, repop seat cover and paint colors for a Broncco TX2. Anyone got any leads? As seen in the pics below, my Broncco needs some help! Thanks.

Jim

Hi Chevy,

I've restored many Broncco's including all 3 that you are referring to (check my pics)...The Orange and Yellow colors I would recommend just going to your local Powder Coat shop and using "regular" or straight yellow/orange. As for the Lively Lime Gold, I used "Psycho Yellow" which is made by Prismatic Colors Powder Coat. Expensive, $350 ish, but came out awesome. Way better than paint and more durable too.

As for decals...you need ALOT of decals. You need the Fantic one for the front triple tree, the "made in italy" ones for the frame, the side tank decals (2 different ones), the top back of the tank for "TX-1", "TX-6" and "Deluxe" and you also need the engine oil sticker that goes on top of the gas tank for the TX-6....

It all depends on how serious you are about the restoration. For example, I only get "screen printed" decals because thats how they did them back in the 1960's and 1970's...most people get digital because they are cheaper...Both are nice, but the screen printing is much more accurate. I have some extra decals...but I'm pretty protective of them. I may have some extra's, I'll have to take a look. I just moved so things are still in boxes...A top notch restoration with re-chroming and powder coat will cost you a pretty penny...most guys on here don't want to put that kind of $$ into a mini bike...Can't blame them. It all depends on much it means to you...Good Luck!

Hope that helps....

Thanks Jeff for responding! I really want to be as accurate as possible with the decals and the colors. The TX1 Deluxe is especially important to me as it was my very first back in the day! Screen printed decals are fine with me... I hadn't realized that issue! Without a good sample I can't really get anything duplicated very well. I've bought quite a few parts to try to get some of them. I'm assuming you used the same screen printing guy to do the logo on the rear of the seat? It also looks like you were able to find matching material for the top of the seat as well? My TX1 Deluxe seat is pretty nice for a used seat but not good enough for me for a restoration. My TX1-L seat also needs some work... the list goes on and on. Lol! Thanks for the paint/powdercoating information. I really like the Lively Lime Gold you have on the one TX6! Mine is orange now but I'm going to change it and make my BC4 orange. I also found a nice TC4 all original and running from California. I think I'm going to leave that one all original since it's so nice. I just have to finish up a couple of things and then I'll be ready to jump onto the Broncco restorations. Any help with the decals and seat issues would be greatly appreciated. Does your screen printing guy have the ability to make more decals from your past orders? Let me know. Thanks. Dave davspu@verizon.net :scooter:

Thanks Jeff for responding! I really want to be as accurate as possible with the decals and the colors. The TX1 Deluxe is especially important to me as it was my very first back in the day! Screen printed decals are fine with me... I hadn't realized that issue! Without a good sample I can't really get anything duplicated very well. I've bought quite a few parts to try to get some of them. I'm assuming you used the same screen printing guy to do the logo on the rear of the seat? It also looks like you were able to find matching material for the top of the seat as well? My TX1 Deluxe seat is pretty nice for a used seat but not good enough for me for a restoration. My TX1-L seat also needs some work... the list goes on and on. Lol! Thanks for the paint/powdercoating information. I really like the Lively Lime Gold you have on the one TX6! Mine is orange now but I'm going to change it and make my BC4 orange. I also found a nice TC4 all original and running from California. I think I'm going to leave that one all original since it's so nice. I just have to finish up a couple of things and then I'll be ready to jump onto the Broncco restorations. Any help with the decals and seat issues would be greatly appreciated. Does your screen printing guy have the ability to make more decals from your past orders? Let me know. Thanks. Dave davspu@verizon.net :scooter:

If I get a chance I'll pull out my Broncco stash this weekend try to see what I have...To be honest, if I have extra's it'll probably be the digital printed stuff. I have limited quantities of the screen printed stuff because my connection has been MIA for a couple years. Same with my seat guy...does AWESOME work at a stupid low prices...but he's been MIA as well for 3yrs, lol. The issue with seats is that 99% of guys dont get them HEAT PLEATED, they only use stitch pleating...I like my resto's to be as accurate as possible. If I could get a hold of them, I'd hook you up. Having said that, I might have a new connection for decals.

I also forgot, you're gonna need the chain guard decal, and 3 engine decals. You need the carb decal, the aspera decal and then the 4hp Broncco Decal...I attached a pick of the engine decals...

Lol! Yeah, I know about the other decals too. I don't have anything as far as the Aspera decal to look at but between a couple I can read the carburetor decal! I was also going to ask you about them all as well. I don't remember the 4 hp. Broncco decal though on my TX-1 Deluxe. I seem to remember it being advertised as 3.8 hp on that one and maybe 4 hp on the TX1-L even though it was the same motor other than the lighting coil? I do think they had different decals but I'm not completely sure. Anything you have and want to sell would be great and also a new connection. What more could I ask for?

It's a funny thing about upholstery guys... I had a guy who did my custom interior on a street rod and he could create just about anything from nothing if he could find the materials. Of course he has disappeared too! I had another local guy do a small replacement panel for an alteration and his head was about to explode trying to figure out how the other guy did some of it! I could have my old guy build a new seat from scratch but not anyone else that I know of. I'll have to try a little harder to see if I can find him again and hope he is still around this neck of the woods. I'm surprised you could find the green metalflake! Thank you so much for your help! Dave