Butchered Bonanza identification

Hello all, I'm looking for some help identifying what is original including color. Were the early bikes ever yellow I've only seen blue?

Apart from all the obvious mods/drilled holes sheet metal and welded on straps... cut original straps and hole drilled through the swingarm

Has someone modified the front forks to be solid? The hole at the top tells me that it had front suspension. Also on all the hard front end Bonanzas I've seen the tube is flattened for the axle bolt.

On the rear has someone removed the fender mounts? I've seen some MB250 frames without them but not bc1200 or others? But then the MB250 has center pegs...

Now that I have the bike here I can verify the forks have had tubes welded on. Fairly straight but you can see the lumpyness. This will be easy to reverse by cutting them off lol.

The rear fender mounts were cut off, there are visible grind marks on the tube. I'll make new ones and weld them on in the same position as my BC1300.

The most atrocious part that I didn't notice in the picture is where he bent the top tubes out. This should be reversible with some heat and support in the right areas. I'll make either new top straps or patch the old ones?

Last edited: