Can I change this carb fitting?

Anyone know if it is possible to change a fitting like pictured below? I fitting that went up at a 90 degree angle would fit much better on my bike but I don't know if it's possible to change out and if so where can I get the fitting I want?

markus

This is from a writeup I did concerning some carb modifications I do to a medium frame H engine carb to work on an HS and that inlet need swapped over there as well, hope it helps

While its not a big deal if your running a remote tank, I could only find this style carb with a straight out the side inlet. that is kind of a pain when its on a self contained engine where the line has to snake though the shroud, It doable but it does not want to cooperate too well usually. It also clearly does not look correct for that application.

The inlets are pressed into the body of the carb, I hit the emtpy body with a touch of some heat for a few seconds and then grabbed the inlet and gave it a twist with some pliers while it was securely mounted in the vice. Anytime I have a dead carb I yank whatever will come off it and try to save it so I have few inlets and will use whatever suits the build best, since these press in, you gotta kinda use your discretion on sealant. Just a quick test fit of this one and I am gonna want a dab of something to make me fell better its tight but I could do it by hand with some force, most older carbs I have to press them back in with the vice.

Thanks guys, I finally got around to doing this. I haven't leak tested it but this seemed to work fine. I pulled a fitting with a 90* bend from an old carb. It was a little looser than I wanted in the new carb so I put a center punch in the end and tapped to widen then fitting about .01". That made the fitting nice and snug in the new carb.