cant ride anywhere

catfishman

me and my son went down to the park by my house, it is literally 30 seconds away, we just got down there and there is a huge grassy area outside of the baseball diamond we rode around for 20 seconds, i look up and there is a cop up there, just ruined all our fun, only thing good about it was i did not get a ticket. now we have nowhere to ride

That sucks , do you have any industrial parks near buy they usualy have big parking lots and are often closed evenings and weekends.
They are private property so the cops cant say anything unless the owners get pissed about tresspassing.
Rob

TomH

Don't know where you are located, but industrial parks usually have wide roads for big trucks and nobody around much on weekends. I have spent too many weekends sitting in a truck waiting for the shipper to open up.:laugh: Nobody around anywhere. pick one in the best neighborhood, usually a newer industrial park, so there isn't any rif raf hanging around. New streets, good riding.

MikeBear

I'll tell you what: If you can't out-run a cop who's in a car while you are on your minibike going overland, you need to try harder, and get a tune-up and proper gearing! :laugh:

That's part of the fun riding minibikes. If you haven't out-run and hid from a cop at least once in your life, you are missing out!

I'll tell you what: If you can't out-run a cop who's in a car while you are on your minibike going overland, you need to try harder, and get a tune-up and proper gearing! :laugh:

That's part of the fun riding minibikes. If you haven't out-run and hid from a cop at least once in your life, you are missing out!
Maybe ask Hent if he can make a forum dedicated to ditching and hiding from the police.
People can tell their storys and give tips and stuff.

I am of course kidding and would not condone such activities.

Yea while harassing you for spending time with your son....Other sons are neglected and getting into trouble......People being robbed ...murdered ....whatever,,,,,,drugs ...theft....

Good thing there is NO mini bike riding....so we all are safe.....Thanks Chips

catfishman

yeah the cop said i was putting my son in danger and breaking the law by lettting him ride an unauthorized, illegal off road whatever. my son had his helmet on, i did not, and we rode very slow on the pavement i will try to find us someplace to go, but i need to build a ramp so i can load them in my truck, cause of my messed up back. the cop did not even know what the legal cc"s were for those scooters i see all over nowadays, i had to tell him under 49cc they do not even need to be licesend. it just agrivates me cause, this was something me and my 11 year old enjoy doing together. but "NO" it is illegal, i guess thats why some kids go down the wrong path, cause no real hobbies or intersest, then next thing you know they are out stealing, or doing drugs, or whatever. by the way i was riding my db30 that i put my new predator motor on, and was very happy with the way it runs. i am only 170lbs and it like to throw me on my ass.

That sucks,you see all kinds of them damn scooters on the road no helmets and ridden in traffic.can't even let your kid riide a mini with all the right gear on.that's not right

MiniBike Paul

Riding

Maybe ask Hent if he can make a forum dedicated to ditching and hiding from the police.
People can tell their storys and give tips and stuff.

I am of course kidding and would not condone such activities.

I can and will condone such activity! In the old days we did it a lot. Even when we got caught they were cool; today, they might take your bike is what always worrys me!
We ride behind my shop in a large industrial park area, about 8 square blocks. There are many buildings and racing around them, in and out, is great fun!

buckeye

I guess I am lucky. I ride all over yhe neighborhood, in the woods,through a field and in my yard. The benifits of livin in the country.
I know it is a pain but, sounds like ya gonna have to load em up and find a spot.
That sucks but, it has always been that way. You would think the cops would have much more important things to do. Just looking out for your safety I guess.:laugh:

me and my son went down to the park by my house, it is literally 30 seconds away, we just got down there and there is a huge grassy area outside of the baseball diamond we rode around for 20 seconds, i look up and there is a cop up there, just ruined all our fun, only thing good about it was i did not get a ticket. now we have nowhere to ride
I suggest you write the local police chief. I find a lot of the patrolmen. Seem to justify thier own ideas of what is right or wrong behavior. Rather than enforcing the laws.

Here in Bullhead City,Arizona. It is againsed the law to ride on the open lots. But...we have millions of acres of land just outside the city.

In Orange County,CA. they drag race. On industrial streets on the weekends!

Now days. Everything is a threat, crisis or endangers.

Bullhead

MiniBike Paul

This is a really irritating subject - you can go skiing, no rules no safety equipment; surfing, rather than stop you they provide lifeguards; go hiking and no one is standing at the start of the trail to make sure you are safely prepared! Butter, mayo and McDonalds will all kill you for sure but the police don't stop you from eating it, and cigarettes are still sold everywhere!

Life is a risky thing, but . . . . . .. i do not want to be protected from myself, i'll decide!

Doesn't Missouri have bunch of farmland? Ride around the perimeter of the field. Obvious do a field that the farmer doen't live next to :) Cops can't say jack and if the farmer isn't around, no one is going to say jack to you. If you drive through the middle of the field and crops are growing.. that is just rude and the farmer will have a police add his field to the patrol route. If you talk to a farmer, more than likely they will give you permission with some common sense restrictions. The only issue you may have, 4-wheelers has ruined the fun for minibikes. 4wheeelers tear up the fields badly and farmers get pissed about it and refuse to allow anyone to ride in their fields.

Kevin - Hillsboro, OH

check the website for your state department of natural resources, in georgia they actually have off road trails for motorcycles and 4 wheels, sometime a distance ride but maybe you will luck out and one may be close by. :scooter:

when i was a kid we had a rock quarry - concrete plant next door to us and on weekends when they were closed we would ride our minibikes over there. one night we were over there riding and had actually rode up a gravel hill ( had a roadbed) we were sitting there chill-in when a spotlight came into view than the lights on top gave us the clue that it was the sheriff dept needless to say it scared the s--t out of us. we drag the minibikes and us down the side of the hill and fled the scene. next week we were back scooting around. i really abuse my first minibike. :scooter:

We have to travel to the trails here in michigan since there really are not any south of saginaw it turns out to be about a 140 mile drive for us to get to the trails.

Once up north though we have mile after mile after mile of reasonably fun trails.

We dont really ever see people on minibikes on the trails mostly atv's and dirtbikes but if your out there long enough you'll see just about anything.

Virginia has that 49cc rule too. Supposedly those are considered "mopeds". I literally see a couple of them every day that have no tags; even on the main roads. They're not supposed to go over 35 to be mopeds, but I've seen many keeping up with traffic at 45mph. I'd bet lunch that many of the ones I see are over 49cc.

We have to travel to the trails here in michigan since there really are not any south of saginaw it turns out to be about a 140 mile drive for us to get to the trails.

Once up north though we have mile after mile after mile of reasonably fun trails.

We dont really ever see people on minibikes on the trails mostly atv's and dirtbikes but if your out there long enough you'll see just about anything.
not sure if you realize this or where your coming from -but Sanalic County allows riding on back roads (dirt roads) and your allowed to transverse from road to road on the mains, I think no more than 1/2 mile on the main roads.

Heard St Clair County is going to pass the same rule but I have not seen it yet.
good luck