carb help please.......

guy shows up with a nice manco streaker,prob is as follows... bike starts but shuts down guickly,please use pics as note. carb has a strange piece of plastic in it,i say it should'nt be there. needs return spring,not wire. ?????does that plastic piece belong in carb,i saw a minkuni with a flat in it just like it,is it some kind of flap??? please help,thank you in advance.

buckeye

Yeah, I think they tried to overide the gov with the paperclip or whatever that is
No clue what the red plastic piece is.
No apology needed bro, that was just a confusing post, which I have been know to do.
Look in the tec engine section and I think there is a good explanation and photos of what your linkage should look like.
Good luck.

jrzmac

there is a.piece of plastic in the carb. looks weird. it need springs,i know. but that wierd piece is got to wrong. it blocks butterfly.
that first pic shows someone was trying to overide the governor. in the second pic, the red plastic piece sticking up in the middle of the carb is the top of the emulsion tube. all Tecumseh carbs have em. It's supposed to be there! seems like the throttle plate is hanging on there wrong.
heres a pic of a different carb with the same thing going on. you can see how the throttle plate is.

thanks guys

if that pic of inner carb j posted is what it should look like,then there is sonething in the carb. butterfly moves freely,something is in it.. out it comes,i will try again in morning. keep you posted. has bottom spring off gov arm. we will see. so plastic is not a piece of carb?