carb leaking

copyman

Hi and Happy New Year to all.

What would cause OEM carb to leak gas from the choke opening. I rebuilt the carb with OEM rebuild kit like I've done with many carbs before. Same procedure I've done many times, put carb in ultrasonic cleaner, clean all ports with thin wire, etc, install new rebuild kit. I even took carb apart again to check everything. What am I missing? Can a carb just get to a point it's bad and not rebuild-able? Ready to take some parts off it and throw body into trash! Just hate to do that with a vintage carb.

Thanks in advance

copyman

since that number shows as a snowblower with primer bulb, did you plug the primer nipple on the carb body? If so Post #2 in this thread has links and info about that from me going back a few years. https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/tecumseh-primer-type-carbs.173122/#post-1267745
Hi

Thanks for that information, it will help with a few carbs I removed from engines with primer bulbs.

I should of mentioned that this engine came without a carb and I used a vintage carb I had rebuilt. The engine housing does not have a primer bulb. It is a craftsman engine that I crossed over to the model # I posted earlier. That was # it crossed to in the TEC manual. See attached pics.

Thanks again

Attachments