CAT 250x - 1969 HPE Muskin Cat

Here's the catalog Picture of a 1969 CAT 250x

Here it is today, a true survivor the Green 1969 CAT 250x

A True Survivor

I drove about 150 miles for this Green 250X, the picture on Craiglist looked lousy. I met the parents of the original owner and I almost dropped to the floor when I went down their basement and found this all original Cat with 40 years of dust on it.

Treasure indeed. Thanks Jeep2003.

Original Engine starts by second pull, seat has no rips, Double Indian Carlisle's look original also!!

Cool, my seat got eaten by a horse while in a barn. :doah: Mine also came with a reserve tank.:001_tt2::1orglaugh:

Could you take some pics of the seat for reproduction?

Here is my Cat 300 still wearing it's original paint. I only fixed what needed to be and have decide to leave the rest alone at this point. Still need to put the original exhaust and air cleaner back on.

Last edited:
Thanks Putt-Putt.

GTO-I'll take the seat off the frame and get you the pics as soon as possible. I like your Orange Cat!!

jmbmini- Nice Cat 300, WOW-your clutch cover and handle bar look new.

CAT 250x - 1969

Here a pic of the Serial Number

Cool, my seat got eaten by a horse while in a barn. :doah: Mine also came with a reserve tank.:001_tt2::1orglaugh:

Could you take some pics of the seat for reproduction?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I have one of those "reserve tanks" I thought of using on a minibike JUST to see how many "der Ter Ders" would ask...... How do ya get the gas in it?

I may have the original seat off of the one I did a while back.It wasn't in very good shape but someone is more than welcome to it for the cost of shipping. I will see if I can find it. I took it off and put this homemade jobby on it just to sell.:hammer:

I may have the original seat off of the one I did a while back.It wasn't in very good shape but someone is more than welcome to it for the cost of shipping. I will see if I can find it. I took it off and put this homemade jobby on it just to sell.:hammer:
Holy crap don't let Dodge see this post it will be gone.. :doah:

Runninlate, The only reason my clutch cover and handlebars look good still is because the original owners I bought the mini bike from let the kids have fun with it. Then drained all the fluilds and stuck it in the basement. The mini sat there till they moved from California to Ohio and decide to have a garage sell in Ohio this pass summer at there new house where I bought it from them. They have the original paper work and brochure from 1971 but miss placed it in the move. I left my contact info with them. Fingers crossed hopefully I get it from them. The only thing missing on the bike is the kill switch plate.

Runninlate, The only reason my clutch cover and handlebars look good still is because the original owners I bought the mini bike from let the kids have fun with it. Then drained all the fluilds and stuck it in the basement. The mini sat there till they moved from California to Ohio and decide to have a garage sell in Ohio this pass summer at there new house where I bought it from them. They have the original paper work and brochure from 1971 but miss placed it in the move. I left my contact info with them. Fingers crossed hopefully I get it from them. The only thing missing on the bike is the kill switch plate.
Amazing. Gotta love garage sales...

Here is my Cat 300 still wearing it's original paint. I only fixed what needed to be and have decide to leave the rest alone at this point. Still need to put the original exhaust and air cleaner back on.
i want first dibs on that bike when you decide to sell it i have to have that bike