cat 250x rebuild

im planning to restore a cat 250x that my dad found. my budget is $100. lol ok heres what came with it,

yea, lol, thats all i got, the frame, forks, and the wheels. not too bad :sailor:
it happened that i had a left over engine that was in ALMOST mint condition. we got it from the swap meet at least 3 or 4 months before this project began and was supposed to be used on a motor scooter but that failed. ;) so here is the 3.5hp engine i got for $40 but is not included in budget,

i just finished makeing a seat, it is 12x6x3.5 inches,

here is a list of what i still need,

*bearings
*new front tire
*throttle
*2 axels
*clutch
*chain

and that is ALL!!!
i wont be able to update that quickly because of school :angry: so ill probably just work on it during weekends.
if anybody want to sell me a used (or new) clutch, chain or something like that, ill be glad to buy if it is at a resonable price :smile::smile::smile:
thx for all your help you have given me so far!!! ill become a supporting member once i can pursuade my mom. lol OldMiniBikes rox!!! :wink::smile::wink::smile:

Last edited:
ya but your already 40 in out of your 100 then a clutch it at least another 35 bringing you to 75 a new tire give or take is 15 bucks now your at 90 chain it another 15 now your at 105 bearings are another 5-10 bucks bringing you to 110 a throttle is another 15 bringing you to 125 and axles are 2-5 bucks brining you to a total of 130 so around 30 bucks over still not bad though

ya but your already 40 in out of your 100 then a clutch it at least another 35 bringing you to 75 a new tire give or take is 15 bucks now your at 90 chain it another 15 now your at 105 bearings are another 5-10 bucks bringing you to 110 a throttle is another 15 bringing you to 125 and axles are 2-5 bucks brining you to a total of 130 so around 30 bucks over still not bad though
srry i forgot to say, im not including the engine.

I had a budget of $300.00 to restore my Duck. I'm way over that and still have to paint it. I've learn if you set a budget, at least double it.:eek:

yikes how are you past 300 what did you get it gold plated :lol: ah never mind i have no room to talk im at 300 already and i had my own motor i still need a throttle and my bars chromed and a seat YIKESSS

richs

you didnt even include the primer and paint your going over your buget but we all do lol I dont even set a buget any more I just do the best I can you should do the same good luck with the project

I dont even set a buget any more I just do the best I can you should do the same good luck with the project
excatly i just cry when i go to the auto store and get parts and they keep ringing parts and stuff up and i see the bill going up and up and my walet getting smaller and smaller then when i total up everything i really cry LOL

you didnt even include the primer and paint your going over your buget but we all do lol I dont even set a buget any more I just do the best I can you should do the same good luck with the project
yeah lol primer and paint cost almost $10 thats not included either. LOL :doah:

DANG 10 bucks i wish ONE can of my paint cost 10 bucks and thats not including primer and clear and i needed 2 cans my paint bill was like 50 bucks

ok, got 2 axles for the front and back of minibike, now just need a clutch, chain, and throttle and i will be set to ride!!! hopefully, if im lucky, i may be able to bo to compton tommorow and pickup the things. ill post pics soon!!!