Cat 3509 (Muskin Wildcat)

DaddyJohn

I have to admit, seeing it on Ebay, all in pieces makes me sad. In hindsight, I'd have rather seen it getting dusty and ignored in my garage, than busted up on Ebay with parts for sale to the highest bidder.

I know they're just "things" and if it bothers me so much, I should have kept it. That is true. But I never anticipated seeing it in pieces on Ebay either. Maybe someone needs money bad enough that they're willing to dismantle a vintage, restored mini bike to pay rent, or get medicine for their kids. I don't know. I hope it was worth it.
I've had those same thoughts/dilemmas over the years... I think builders are always going to want to construct, not deconstruct, and it seems counter-intuitive for anyone to do so. Compound that with personal knowledge that one's own past efforts have become (essentially) wasted, and it's not a good feeling. But like you said, it's possibly an effort to gain funds for something truly important, which may make it a bit easier to be philosophical about it all. Too bad they name-dropped you, otherwise you might have been blissfully unaware!

That said, I personally try to stick to a "things are things" perspective, and not having the space to "keep them all" sometimes forces one to part ways with things/completed projects/etc. to keep experiencing new ones. Nostalgia is a powerful thing, especially as you get older, but I think memories count more than the props and backgrounds associated with them. Pictures don't take up a lot of space though, and they can take you back pretty effectively, so... Let's all try not to give mom a hard time when she gets the camera out! :D

JohnC

So why did no one want to buy it than? Was it not worth $1200 ? I mean. At the end of the day. It's a Cat. There goofy to sit in if your not small. Its different when its. A chopper a Rupp or Lil Indian. But I gave plenty of chances. I offered one guy to just come get it 900 cash. So I had no choice.

JohnC

Why you on my case so much. Go work on a mini bike. Show me what your working on instead of these questions that you think your option of how I choose to sell my bike or why even matters. Its more fun when you just stay to tour self play with your toys than making a bunch of noise threw a keyboard. I'm going back to playing with my builds please just move along man.

Attachments

So why did no one want to buy it than? Was it not worth $1200 ? I mean. At the end of the day. It's a Cat. There goofy to sit in if your not small. Its different when its. A chopper a Rupp or Lil Indian. But I gave plenty of chances. I offered one guy to just come get it 900 cash. So I had no choice.
Once again, I have deleted the extraneous comments from your "For Sale" threads as per the rules.

The bike was worth $500. It was worth that eight years ago when I did the restoration on it. You did not "have" to sell it, you did not "have" to flip it. But, since you ended up with the bike, that was your prerogative. I believe my comments in this thread show that.

Regarding the parts on Ebay. That tank was one I got for $75 and then spent a year figuring out how to stop the fuel leak. I finally resorted to melting plastic in the seam.

The chain guard you have on ebay was from a shorter, less desirable guard that I cut the end off, then welded on a 16 gauge sheet metal extension to. You know that, because that is described in this thread. You are selling it as original. You know it's not. What does that make you?

I request that you stop associating my name to a pile of parts left from a project that I did 8 years ago. There are guys on here who dismantle bikes and sell parts, but no one has taken one that was at this level of finish and blatantly broke it down, while attributing the parts to the builder. What a slap in the face. I'm no internet warrior, but what I saw here was a lack of respect, not only for me who you thought enough of to use my "handle," but of a vintage bike that could have made a nice piece for the entry level collector, or for a grandpa to have something for his grand kids to ride.

For everyone else, let's please keep the comments out of his for sale threads. Personally, I am trying to avoid looking at them, and when I have to go in and delete the comments, I get butt hurt all over again. :)

JohnC

I bought the bike from Doug Hall he told me it was all original from OldMiniBikes Legend Havasu Dave so I dont much about the bike but your numbers mean nothing. Tank sold last night for 200? Not to mention what others sold at auction for and in worse condition. I just dont understand why you care eaither it's not yours anymore. Its mine. So what is the problem ? I mean how is it a slap in the face if your that much of a baby about it you should've kept the darn thing. I wont bite for none of yall. Because half you guys just look for threads to run your mouth. It's my bike I'm parting it out and not one of you should have anything to say with what I do with it. I went off Doug's word. An again how can that be a slap in the face you dont how I see things. I thought bike was awsome done very nice shocked no one would buy it. But you make zero sense with the whole slap in the face. You no longer own the bike you shouldnt even care. I bought the bike and am offering parts to other who may have been searching forever for a nice part to complete their bike so there is so many ways that it's not a bad thing. An again your thats like saying I bought a 69 Camaro in 1973 for 4 grand. An you want 35 now ?? Get real man . I do this for a a job I buy sell vintage stuff mini bikes and I dont understand why I cant wake up and do what I love everyday. So here are sold auctions and my listings. How am asking to much when a fiberglass did over 100 and no where near as nice chrome bars I started my auction less than that. What they sold for. I see no valid points besides the chain being altered which I did t know I just new it was all metal. But I went by what Doug said. So to call me misleading is inaccurate. Once again if you or anyone esle has no intention on purchasing anything why are you writing at all. I just cant grasp why you feel so slapped in the face. I used your name in my listings to honor you so honestly Havasu Dave just HavasEAT BUDDY. Let me live. An why delete comments if your going to participate. Lead example Sir.

Attachments

Last edited:
An why delete comments if your going to participate. Lead example Sir.
I deleted comments from you FOR SALE threads because BSing is not allowed in the threads per the forum rules. I have not participated in any chit chat or BS in your FOR SALE threads. And since you are now using a FOR SALE thread to bitch about me, I am going to delete it since your ad from three days ago for the same thing is still up.

JohnC

I apologize to you for parting it out in my add for your hard work but no worries ebay works fine. If you never participated to begin with I would have never mentioned anything because I dont even know you. So once again lead by example. Stop letting this little bit of a webpage power get to you so much.