Cat 400x

Hello,
I am restoring a late 60's early 70's CAT 400X for a friend of mine. I need to find the handle bar and clutch cover decals. Any help would be appreciated.

I also need help finding fenders that will work. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks Troy

Last edited:

capguncowboy

Clutch cover decal: Cat 400x Clutch Cover Mini Bike Minibike Decal Sticker | eBay

Handlebars are fairly easy to find. Put an ad in the wanted section. I just sold my last set or I'd offer to help you out.

Fenders are difficult to find, and usually run between $50-75 each in good condition. Sometimes, you can find a generous member that will part with some for cheaper.

I got rid of all my Cats because parts are too difficult to find. All that I have left now is the Gran Turismo throttle grips and a few bits of hardware.

Last edited:
Hello,
I finished this CAT 400 mini bike for my ex-co-worker at Edelbrock a while back but never put pictures up of it.
He unfortunately passed away recently and I told his wife that I want the mini bike I restored for him.
The first picture is him on it when I finished the restoration and the second one is when I picked it up from his wife.
I was wondering where I can find a date code on it. Anybody know?

Cat Minibike1.jpg

Cat Minibike 2.jpg

Hello from a fellow Cat owner! (‘70 400TS) If I had any extra parts I would help you but I do not. I’m very sorry to hear about your loss but think its great that you will be the caretaker of his Cat. Good luck in your search. Bill

FunWithStuff

Hello,
I finished this CAT 400 mini bike for my ex-co-worker at Edelbrock a while back but never put pictures up of it.
He unfortunately passed away recently and I told his wife that I want the mini bike I restored for him.
The first picture is him on it when I finished the restoration and the second one is when I picked it up from his wife.
I was wondering where I can find a date code on it. Anybody know?

View attachment 299621

View attachment 299622
So sorry to hear about your loss @thooker You did an amazing job restoring the bike but more importantly, you were able to help your co-worker out! He looked so happy in that photo riding the bike. He may be gone but the memories are still alive and the bike is great memory of him.