Cat Eliminator - restoration help

Hi all,

My coworker is moving and gave me his project he never completed.
Anyone have links to restoration of this mini bike.
Any tips, suggestions appreciation.

My plan is to repaint and clean up chrome

Here's what I have.

The bolt for holding front end is welded, did it come this way?

IMG_1472.JPG IMG_1462.JPG IMG_1473.JPG IMG_1484.JPG

Attachments

I don't think it would have come with a welded fork bolt. Heres a brochure for a Eliminator .

Welcome to the OldMiniBikes !

Last edited:

Biffmini

The bolt did come welded on. Rear brake is not installed corectly, I'd remove the goobed
up bracket from rear frame rail. I have the correct brake cable bracket. Nice project!!!
Start your research...

Biffmini

Here's a great pic of set up
View attachment 91771
I have the sm. Bracket that cable mounts to it could be made easyly... Also have new brake pucks/pads PM me yours for shipping...
This is what I did with my rusted basket case, with many missing parts.

Switch plate & clutch cover can be hard to find & pricey. I found fiberglass repo cover & made engine brackets. I had many hrs. Getting brake to work good. If your brake caliper is original you have a better start than I did. Chrome powder coat could be a option.

capguncowboy

The nut on the front is welded on at the factory. You have to remove the handlebars to get the fork bolt out.

The front end would have been chrome in 1969 and early 1970, then the forks were painted to match the bike with chrome handlebars.

I picked this one up last spring (Very early 1970 model).

I have an extra frame and forks if you end up needing one that's not all boogered up.

The clutch covers pop up for sale from time to time, so have your checkbook ready. The switchplates rarely pop up and when they do, they go fast.

Last edited: