Cat Endura garage sale buy

45t

I posted this in the ebay/craigslist section. It was posted on C'list in the garage sale section. I went to check it out and all I can say is WOW. This thing is in good shape. I picked it up. The bad thing is the owner knew what it was, so the negotiation on price wasn't much. At least I got them to throw in a skateboard with the price of the bike. :shrug:

Its missing some stuff but its very clean. Two speed is intact, gas tank with cap, rear fender, clean engine plate, original paint, good wheels and tires. It even still has the Cat decal on the back of the engine plate. The chrome on the bars needs some polishing, but ive seen worse. Engine is not original, but they said it runs and it has the sprocket on it for the two speed.

All in all it was a nice find and at a garage sale no less. This would make a awesome restoration candidate due to it being so clean. Just need to locate the missing parts. :doah:

Last edited:
Good job Mitch. Two speed? This wasn't a Horstman TAV type of system like the 4015?

Edit: It does share the same drive as the 4015- I have the driven for it, but no driver. I have converted mine to Comet as a result.

45t

Good job Mitch. Two speed? This wasn't a Horstman TAV type of system like the 4015?

Edit: It does share the same drive as the 4015- I have the driven for it, but no driver. I have converted mine to Comet as a result.
I guess I don't know enough about the Endura. I just seen all the spockets like the Two speed Cats have and assumed thats what it came with. Didn't know it had a Tav. They had it advertised as a 1972 R4005, so Ill need to do a lil research on it to see all that is missing now that I was wrong on the two speed. :doah:

I guess I don't know enough about the Endura. I just seen all the spockets like the Two speed Cats have and assumed thats what it came with. Didn't know it had a Tav. They had it advertised as a 1972 R4005, so Ill need to do a lil research on it to see all that is missing now that I was wrong on the two speed. :doah:
I'm doing a 4015 right now. PM sent.

So much for getting out of the hobby, I knew you couldn't last:laugh:

How 'bout a close up of the engine plate where it's cut out for the two speed....Is there paint along the edge?

Looks like there is paint along the edge.

So I went out to measure my foot pegs yesterday, and upon closer inspection my motor plate is cut out just like yours:laugh::doah:. Still has the model tag also, same number...

I'm thinking someone put that two speed set up on your bike:shrug:

Mark, that is wild! Manufactured on opposite sides of the country. Interesting that mine was found in the NE part of the state. I wonder if it came from Wilksbarre. I don't think mine has that sticker still since the frame had been repainted. I'll have to look though.

Mark, that is wild! Manufactured on opposite sides of the country. Interesting that mine was found in the NE part of the state. I wonder if it came from Wilksbarre. I don't think mine has that sticker still since the frame had been repainted. I'll have to look though.
All Cat mini bikes were MFG in Colton, CA. The Wilksbarre address was their pool parts. As such, it was the logistics base on the East where they were shipped to.

All Cat mini bikes were MFG in Colton, CA. The Wilksbarre address was their pool parts. As such, it was the logistics base on the East where they were shipped to.

Thanks Dave, I'm not heavily versed on CAT bikes but I do have a couple that I really like. So I have been trying to pick up on the info I need and you've been more help than you know...:wink: I've been following your threads for a bit now.

Thanks Dave, I'm not heavily versed on CAT bikes but I do have a couple that I really like. So I have been trying to pick up on the info I need and you've been more help than you know...:wink: I've been following your threads for a bit now.
Thanks for the props, but there are many here who know more about these things than I do.

I was fortunate enough to run in to an engineer who worked at HPE/Muskin in the early 70's and he filled in some of the gaps. Here is a link:

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/g...factories-suppliers-dealers-3.html#post651295

If its any help I have a few oem of the chrome chain guards for the Cat enduro and MX models as well as the other cat style ...this is funny must be something left from the Cat factory in Colton just down the road from me

Dave I have 1 extra cat belt belt what I need to check or need an answer to is I have a rupp roadster without a driver ....its cool to see original new Cat parts surface alond with the rare MX and Enduros we never saw those but in the mags

Dave I have 1 extra cat belt belt what I need to check or need an answer to is I have a rupp roadster without a driver ....its cool to see original new Cat parts surface alond with the rare MX and Enduros we never saw those but in the mags
I modified it to run Comet 20 system. I still have the driven. No one wants it. It seems like a lot of these bikes run in spurts. A few Endura bikes around now.

Perhaps the Endura MX was Cat trying to copy Rupp/Fox. I'll be interested to see how it performs.