Cat Switch Plate?

FunWithStuff

Does anyone know where I can find an aftermarket or original Cat switch? I have had no luck finding the original switch and I only have one toggle switch that I bought online recently and it is too small and is not threaded so I cannot install the nut on it.

FunWithStuff

Thought I would follow up with this thread to say that I have found out what original toggle switches these Cats use since I couldn't find info anywhere else about the brand or type of switch they use.

Apparently they use a switch with the brand name "Carling". It is a one-wire, self-grounding toggle switch like was mentioned above. I managed to pick up an NOS switch plate with a brand new Carling toggle switch on it and I will post pictures of it here for reference, for anyone that could use the pictures for restoring their Cat. I also picked up a smaller switch plate with a switch and it used the Carling brand as well, so maybe all Cats used the same brand switch. 0728211150.jpg 0728211156a.jpg

Last edited:

markus

Thought I would follow up with this thread to say that I have found out what original toggle switches these Cats use since I couldn't find info anywhere else about the brand or type of switch they use.

Apparently they use a switch with the brand name "Carlisle" which is coincidentially the same name brand of the tires they used. I wonder if they were the same company?

It is a one-wire, self-grounding toggle switch like was mentioned above. I managed to pick up an NOS switch plate with a brand new Carlisle toggle switch on it and I will post pictures of it here for reference, for anyone that could use the pictures for restoring their Cat. I also picked up a smaller switch plate with a switch and it used the Carlisle brand as well, so maybe all Cats used the same brand switch. View attachment 282054 View attachment 282055

you mean Carling Not Carlisle, nothing to do with the tires ;)

FunWithStuff

While we’re on the subject, does a switch plate go over this or is this just the way they did jcp dusters.
I'm pretty sure the Cat choppers just had a switch plate built into the frame, which is what you have, so you should be all good for yours.

There was a decal that went over that switch plate with an on off indication for the kill switch but I don't know if repops or originals are available.

f4radar

I'm pretty sure the Cat choppers just had a switch plate built into the frame, which is what you have, so you should be all good for yours.

There was a decal that went over that switch plate with an on off indication for the kill switch but I don't know if repops or originals are available.
You know my eyes must not be so good anymore. After taking that picture and blowing it up I can see that the black on there is a worn decal.

FunWithStuff

You know my eyes must not be so good anymore. After taking that picture and blowing it up I can see that the black on there is a worn decal.
Correct. That worn out black on there is the decal. Here are some close up photos of the original Duster switch plate decal. Polish_20210913_101735434.jpg Polish_20210913_101839376.jpg
It appears that it is the same design as the regular Cat switch plate decals, without the words "The CAT" on it.

Someone has some great reproductions of them available on eBay it appears this used the black and yellow, or either the black and gold letter design. If you asked him he might be able to make you one without the words "The CAT" on it.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335845805&icep_item=165061945829