Chain doesnt line up: Western Flyer SS300 gets a 3hp Predator

IMGP3235.jpg
This is a photo of a bike with the same conversion - don't have a photo of the chain side of the bike.
I have a SS300 that needed an engine....so the 3hp Predator seemed the logical choice, but the chain doesn't line up.
It almost looks like I need add a jackshaft to make it work. The engine is shoved so far to the right already, but it doesn't seem to work..........anyone done a conversion like this? If so can you help me out with some info.

Last edited:
I had an MTD Western Flyer I put a Honda 5.5 on, pretty much the same as a clone, don't remember having alignment issues, I take from your description the engine needs to go to the right further for proper alignment, how close is the rear sprocket from the frame?............I assume you have the clutch mounted sprocket side towards the engine, you could try to respace the rear wheel to get it as far to the left as possible, if this doesn't work you may indeed need to install a jackshaft kit to get things to align, it would be helpfull to send several pics from different angles to help us with the issue..........................Tom.