Chain or belt guards

Chain and Belt guards have always been a very desirable part for looks and safety but are a pain to fabricate. A friend of mine said to make a pattern and he would fiberglass it. After making a wooden buck, he said it would loose too much detail and couldn't do it. So my son said he could 3D print one but I didn't like that either because I would have to scan my pattern and it was too complicated. So another friend said "give me your pattern and I'll get it done". He took it to a place in Anaheim that makes lots of plastic parts for vending machines etc. So the bike I was building has a chopper theme and I wanted the guard to look like an old knucklehead Harley primary cover.

He got it done and I couldn't believe how nice it came out it chrome plastic. Nice and thick and easy to work with.

Trim the excess and I have a very nice piece.

Made a bracket to mount on the motor and I love the look.

I thought my mold burned up in the process, but a few weeks later it was returned to me attached to a large box with dividers inside to keep it from collapsing and a hole where a vacuum pump was plugged into it. My mold also had a lot of small holes drilled into it in places necessary to pull the most vacuum.

Yes, we go way back. We worked at the auto parts store together, desert raced in the 70's, then lost contact for a long time. Friends are important as family. We made that chopper bike for him. He's not retired yet so I ride it a lot.

I74

Really cool & ''very'' nice work !!
Definitely looks a lot like a primary cover off an old HD Knucklehead / early Pan Head.
First glance at the finished piece, I thought it was.