Check out the suspension fork I made!

I have wanted suspension on my minibikes since I got into them. There are not many options. So I did decided to make a universal bolt on kit. This is my prototype. It works very well and needs nothing but fork tubes to fit doodlebugs:) I have another kit in the works for fork tubes over 20". Should be done next week. I am also making a fender mount as well. I just need more time on the waterjet. Tell me what you think?

20151109_210010.jpg Untitled-1.jpg Untitled-2.jpg

Those are fantastic , look factory . Where did you get the forks and the handle bars ? Can you make a set of trees for a bonanza ?
First off thanks for the compliments. It will be nice to have a option for any mini I have. I may build one for my Murray Track 2 as well.

-Forks were sourced online $39. I will try to find the place. Although any 1" Diameter and 20" long work. I am making one for longer forks like the PW80 (23") I believe. I like these much better but new they are $69. PLus you need to make new axle bushings and a longer axle bolt.
-Handle Bars and Risers are from a parted out MBX10. (Although I am going to try a simple mod to use factory bars as a option. This would save some money.
-Bonanza....I don't see why not. It should be able to easily be adapted. Hit me a pm if you wanna try it.

Thanks
Ralph

george3

I have a pair of those kind of forks, They were on my Mickey bike when I bought it. Believe it or not I hated replacing them with the correct mickey forks.

I will post some pics up later. They are a combination of machined clamps($$) and CNC cut plates that get tig welded together. The clamps are the biggest expense. I am trying to be at $70 for a kit you just add the forks you want. Machine time is not cheap, but it is bolt on. I picked roughly a 1" shock because they are common and inexpensive for what you can get. Length is what ever you want the clamps adjust to what ever. Custom anything would be more. They are pretty nice though. Yes they are steel. They are much nicer then the MBx11 parts by far. I am going to cut down a set of PW80 forks as soon as we have some machine time. They are such a nice fork for the money. My only complaint is they are about 3" too long for the Doodlebug, MBX10 style bikes. You can make them work though with are optional 3rd bracket. Thats the one I hope to finish this week.

I will post some pics up later. They are a combination of machined clamps($$) and CNC cut plates that get tig welded together. The clamps are the biggest expense. I am trying to be at $70 for a kit you just add the forks you want. Machine time is not cheap, but it is bolt on. I picked roughly a 1" shock because they are common and inexpensive for what you can get. Length is what ever you want the clamps adjust to what ever. Custom anything would be more. They are pretty nice though. Yes they are steel. They are much nicer then the MBx11 parts by far. I am going to cut down a set of PW80 forks as soon as we have some machine time. They are such a nice fork for the money. My only complaint is they are about 3" too long for the Doodlebug, MBX10 style bikes. You can make them work though with are optional 3rd bracket. Thats the one I hope to finish this week.
You mean a 3rd bracket for the top? Even if they are long why would you need another bracket if you can slide them up or down wherever you need them ?

You mean a 3rd bracket for the top? Even if they are long why would you need another bracket if you can slide them up or down wherever you need them ?
If I may......

Because you would end up with alot sticking out of the top tree.....it works great to just add another plate on with the supplied bolts at the top of the PW80 shocks and add bar clamps:

You can get away with out it....just looks a little odd with them sticking up!