Cheetah Parts

Jeffh

Newbie here, came looking for some parts for a Cheeftah. I believe from the manuals and parts list that came with it it is a MB1300 but on the front forks it says Cheeftah Scrambler. I believe it to be all original with a Clinton 4 horse. Looking for a small spring that pulls the brake shoes back together. Dig through the inventory at the local hardware store and found nothing even close. What do you guys do for these parts that I’m sure are long out of production? Also I did something dumb, got it home and tryed to clean off 40 years of barn dust with a pressure washer. Now half the decal on the front is gone. Would something like that be reproduced? Would like to see pictures of anybody else’s Cheeftah if there is any out there.

Triley41395

Newbie here, came looking for some parts for a Cheeftah. I believe from the manuals and parts list that came with it it is a MB1300 but on the front forks it says Cheeftah Scrambler. I believe it to be all original with a Clinton 4 horse. Looking for a small spring that pulls the brake shoes back together. Dig through the inventory at the local hardware store and found nothing even close. What do you guys do for these parts that I’m sure are long out of production? Also I did something dumb, got it home and tryed to clean off 40 years of barn dust with a pressure washer. Now half the decal on the front is gone. Would something like that be reproduced? Would like to see pictures of anybody else’s Cheeftah if there is any out there.
Post some pictures of your bike.
These may be what you need not sure on the Cheeftah brakes.

http://blackwidowmotorsports.net/_13781_brake_shoe_return_springs_1969_70.html

Very nice, unthrashed, mini. Good luck with it. There is a “Wanted” section that would probably serve you better, in your search for the spring, or whatever else you may need. Whenever I come across something I don’t need, but couldn’t pass on, I scroll through it looking for someone who does. Take car, enjoy your new bike.

markus

Drum brake? Most I have seen used these, may have to buy the assembly for the spring. Pretty sure this is the remains of Lomart/cheefta stock that BMI has. They have the drum and sprockets as well. I used to buy them from Dave Liberton but I think he sold that stock out to them. HPE/muskin used the brake assemby as well post 1971 on their bikes. https://www.bmikarts.com/4-Internal-Expanding-Brake-Slotted-Bracket_p_10853.html

is there a KM on the decal as well, Kmart sold the scrambler most of the time. That company (Lomart) was owned by the guy that bought Clinton engines and brought it back from the dead around 1966/67, hence the Clinton powerplant.

Jeffh

Drum brake? Most I have seen used these, may have to buy the assembly for the spring. Pretty sure this is the remains of Lomart/cheefta stock that BMI has. They have the drum and sprockets as well. I used to buy them from Dave Liberton but I think he sold that stock out to them. HPE/muskin used the brake assemby as well post 1971 on their bikes. https://www.bmikarts.com/4-Internal-Expanding-Brake-Slotted-Bracket_p_10853.html

is there a KM on the decal as well, Kmart sold the scrambler most of the time. That company (Lomart) was owned by the guy that bought Clinton engines and brought it back from the dead around 1966/67, hence the Clinton powerplant.
Yep thats the exact brake I have and the exact spring I need. Looks like its going to be an expensive spring. There was a Kmart here in town so thats probably where it came from.