chinese comet tav2

hey everyone. i have a hemi pred on my baja mb200. i purchased a chinese tav2 torque a verter. but i cant get the engine anywhere near govener and cant seem to get any faster than 43mph. i know a tc will only spin so fast but the comet tav2 on the same bike with me on it breaks 55mph. how do i go a little faster??

125ccCrazy

stiffer spring in the driven will keep it from shifting as fast... a smaller gear on the tc will lower the gear ratio and allow the engine to rev a little higher and not get bogged down as much when the tc shifts to high gear.

stiffer spring in the driven will keep it from shifting as fast... a smaller gear on the tc will lower the gear ratio and allow the engine to rev a little higher and not get bogged down as much when the tc shifts to high gear.
Don't do this.
I've been 58mph so far with a clutch on 4.8:1 gearing and with that same gear ratio the TAV will limit me to 44mph.

I've also tried 3:1 gearing hoping for more speed and was STILL limited to 44 max.
The belt simply cannot grip the driver at 45+ miles per hour or else it will slip and burn unless going down a steep hill.

125ccCrazy

Don't do this.
I've been 58mph so far with a clutch on 4.8:1 gearing and with that same gear ratio the TAV will limit me to 44mph.

I've also tried 3:1 gearing hoping for more speed and was STILL limited to 44 max.
The belt simply cannot grip the driver at 45+ miles per hour or else it will slip and burn unless going down a steep hill.
you realize the tav has a 10% over drive in high end? so if you want to end up with a final ratio of 4:8-1 like with the centrifugal clutch you will need a lower gear ratio to start with.. by going to 3:1 your bogging the engine even more.

Last edited:
If you get 6:1 gearing you will have plenty of mph.

I have shifter kart tires, 60 tooth rear, and 10 front,. And have been 50+ no issues whatsoever with a bsp engine.