chop shop project

Dan-E-boy

Low 2da Flo... this build is super cool!:thumbsup: reminds me of another cool low bike that ratfink396 built... I really like the fact that you kept it flathead friendly.. and those go devil wheels should make it even more unique.. very nice work!:smile:

markus

what kind of engine is that, kinda new to this stuff
power products AH61 (early 60's kart engine)

Thanks guys, I just hope I can keep it going and get it done. I have to say I am having a lot of fun cutting stuff up :laugh: I did take it off the bench though and hide the tab locs away, they are supposed to be for another bike I have and I was getting pretty comfortable with them for this bike, so hopefully I will like the devil wheels on on there!!!!

markus

well my wheels and tires arrived this week, the good news is I love them, the bad news is the Seller did not bother to mention the tire damage and conveniently turned the rotted split away from the camera for the pics :no: so with the "run flats fiasco" tires I got in this week as well, it has not been good week dealing with tires :doah:

I just got he bench cleaned off enough to size them up and decide if I want to invest in replacement tires, if I can even get the remains of the bearing outers out of the wheels without breaking them among a few other issues.

right out of the box like this :censure:

I know where to get the tires, or at least the same tread pattern and size. unfortunately, They are in the UK. so its gonna run about $170 US for a pair with shipping. I'm alright with that but I gotta be dam sure I can save the wheels first so I'm gonna start soaking.........and hoping!!!!

markus

Been wanting to get some cutting and welding done on this and my Mickey bike but I had a little outpatient surgery thing and had some stitches from it in a spot near my eye that is next to impossible to cover up. So I have been laying low with the flying sparks. Got my stitches out today and looking good so I'm getting ready to start hacking stuff up tomorrow :laugh:

I have decided to use a west bend 700 on this bike, it already has the tank mounted to it, making thing easier than the AH61 (that is planned to go onto a Taco). Using it will however require installing jackshaft mounts and moving the engine plate forward so that along with cutting the rear axle mounts and relocating are on the agenda for thursday. Still have a briggs small block at the ready to make sure one still fits within the frame as it gets built so the frame will remain versatile for power.

I did get the 5" go devil wheels cleaned up and just put some paint on them, I tried a few different things to get them clean but they ended up showing a lot of imperfections in the casting as well as some dark stains so they got painted. I will probably lay some clear down on them later on. Still trying to locate some tires here in the US for them. Worst case I have a set of 6" 4 spokes (lil Indian wheels) but off a huffy so they are setup with a Bendix drum brake assembly.

markus

Did the cutting grinding and welding today, and got the plate moved forward, used the Rupp 68-69 replacement jackshaft plates I had from another bike cut them down and welded them on for a jackshaft point, and raised the rear axle mounts, used a Rupp roadster footpeg mount like I did on the last bike off another junk frame as well and mounted it forward position.

No 5" tires for the go devil wheels here so I quick installed a pair of NOS good year ribs onto my alternate wheels for this bike to set it up enough to see how its gonna look and sit, its short!!!

I stuck a sort of seat on it so I could test fit my fat ass on it, for as short as it is it does not feel cramped. Still about 3" ground clearence so can still hang a turn with it I think. Still thinkin I am gonna raise the bars up 2 inches or so though.

markus

Nice chop job. Going to be a mean looking mini.
Thanks :thumbsup: where all you east coasters been??? haven't seen roadrunner, you RDS, fistfull, rocket, I know Jakes gettin hitched what your guy's excuse :laugh:

I totally forgot that had a the seat for the mickey bike loose which is more appropriate size for the bike so I tried it out, I like the look of it on there, only problem is both the other bikes I am currently working on use the same style rounded back kick up seat :doah: So I dunno if I want a 3rd in the mix

I'm kinda stuck at this point till I lock down which wheels though, since I will have to setup for the brake backing plate. I'm antsy though, that engine has not been on a bike for a few years now, it was a fun engine to run!

maverick1

I have been rebuilding one of my Gemini's. Planning on doing the 50cc fun run in Suches Ga. in October. It is a 67 mile rung through the Ga. mountains to benefit the local fire department. Have not heard from RR in a while. He is one of the locals. By the way the seat looks really good.

markus

I have been rebuilding one of my Gemini's. Planning on doing the 50cc fun run in Suches Ga. in October. It is a 67 mile rung through the Ga. mountains to benefit the local fire department. Have not heard from RR in a while. He is one of the locals. By the way the seat looks really good.

sweet, that sounds like it would be a lot of fun :thumbsup:

I like everything about it. Great concept. It'll be a very fun bike being so low with that WB in it.

(Edit) OND, Markus will undoubtedly treat this to one of his awesome paint jobs once it's complete. :)

Last edited:

markus

I like everything about it. Great concept. It'll be a very fun bike being so low with that WB in it.

(Edit) OND, Markus will undoubtedly treat this to one of his awesome paint jobs once it's complete. :)

I dunno, I'm terrible at making welds look good and a really lazy bodyman, I think its gonna be pretty wavy at the very least with all the cuts and welds I did. I dropped it to have sandblasted today, see whats under all that spraypaint in a few days!