Clutch/tires/gearing to pair with build

Latent

That’s great! Glad you found the right clutch! A good clutch that is set up properly can completely transform a bike and make it so fun to ride.
Oh yeah, and I changed the gear ratio adding an extra clutch tooth so its 13:59 with 13" tires. It also removed the extra slack on the chain after it stretched out, and takes off smooth/quickly. I'm glad I got beefy hydraulic atv brake's on this bad boy right now for sure.

I might cut off the front handlebars at the triple tee, and replace it with clamps/bmx style handbars next up. Might also add some bracing, and strengthen up the frame/strip the frame then re-paint it a flat black color. I just painted the RLV muffler tip, and valve cover a similar color in high heat paint 2000f. I've been looking for the motovox front style suspension/forks, but they seem super hard to find since their website is no longer active. Front suspension even on street would be pretty nice to have...

Oh yeah, and I changed the gear ratio adding an extra clutch tooth so its 13:59 with 13" tires. It also removed the extra slack on the chain after it stretched out, and takes off smooth/quickly. I'm glad I got beefy hydraulic atv brake's on this bad boy right now for sure.

I might cut off the front handlebars at the triple tee, and replace it with clamps/bmx style handbars next up. Might also add some bracing, and strengthen up the frame/strip the frame then re-paint it a flat black color. I just painted the RLV muffler tip, and valve cover a similar color in high heat paint 2000f. I've been looking for the motovox front style suspension/forks, but they seem super hard to find since their website is no longer active. Front suspension even on street would be pretty nice to have...
Motovox was shuttered in 2015 by parent company ATP to focus on Motoped which they purchased in 2014. They kept the Motovox website up for some time, selling off remaining parts. The MBX11 suspension forks were popular and probably one of the first things to sell out. There is a lengthy thread about the Motovox forks on here, somewhere. Last ones I saw were two on eBay in 2017 for $225 ea + shipping. More recently, the similar Monster Moto / Mega Moto suspension forks have been popular.

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/...suspension-forks-now-available-for-80.164591/

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-to-forum-db-upgrade-project.165230/

http://www.studzracing.com/product-p/suspensionkit.htm

https://www.gopowersports.com/minibike-suspension-kit-complete-front-fork-assembly-universal/

If you're going to do some cutting and welding, the first mod I would do to a 1st gen DB would be to relocate the rear axle rearward, mounting it outboard like on the Coleman CT100U. Extending the wheelbase would improve stability and moving the rear wheel farther aft of your hindparts would help prevent wheelies. Obviously, the brake caliper would need to be relocated. Another option would be to stretch the frame.

Coleman CT100U.jpeg

Personally, I wouldn't try setting any speed records on lawn and garden tires. The tires you bought have speed rating A3 (per specs on Amazon product page), that's 9 mph! Plus, I imagine the rubber compound isn't formulated for pavement use. Smooth tread lawn and garden tires are not racing slicks. DOT scooter tires or pocket bike tires would be a much better choice, IMO.

Screenshot_2019-11-17 Amazon com MaxAuto 13X5 00-6 13 5-6 13-5-6 Turf Tires 4PR Tubeless for L...png

Screenshot_2019-11-17 What is Tire Speed Rating Tire Speed Rating Chart Tires Plus.png

Latent

Appreciate the link to the front end suspension, but most of these tires for mini bikes are lawn/tractor/small Chinese pocket bike/atv tires/go kart with not much rated over 20mph.

Most drag racing mini bike use go kart tires/rims (6 inch rims) because they are the few ones rated over 20mph at this size.

I’ll eventually stretch the frame, and most likely get a bigger hydraulic brake with go kart rims/tire combo. Even then I doubt the tires will be rated 60mph+.