Coleman BT200X Mystery Bike

I just used a little "trick", image search, and the only photo was the Walmart one; it was listed as being posted just 3 days ago, so my guess is this is a soon-to-be-released model and Walmart is ahead of Coleman (no big surprise, I guess). The "BT" prefix is puzzling; if anything, one would expect "BT" to precede "CT", not follow, and why not "CT" like the other Colemans (I had thought it stood for Coleman Trail); the suffix would differentiate it. Other than the larger tubing (a very desirable feature, IMO), the fancier fenders, and lack of a faux gas tank, this is similar to the CT200U-EX, so I wonder if this will replace the EX...

Last edited:
Maybe it stands for Boy Toy, LOL! Funny, I recently tried to buy a rear wheel for my CT200U direct from Coleman. They told me the wheel was discontinued??? That wheel fits all of the 200 series bikes.

Looking at the picture above, it appears there is no flat motor mount plate. To me I see a pair of mounts coming off the foot peg tube in the front. Lot more room too for a bigger engine swap, like say a 420.

Hmm,with Wally World's buying power this could be something that's going to be only available through them. Like tires, they have their own "brands" of tires made by the various tire companies. Used to tick me off when I'd get a wreck in the shop and come to find out the tire it needed was only from Wally World and it was discontinued.

Looking at the picture above, it appears there is no flat motor mount plate. To me I see a pair of mounts coming off the foot peg tube in the front. Lot more room too for a bigger engine swap, like say a 420.
If you're using a PC, right click the picture in post #1, click "View image", when the larger image appears, click it for a huge picture; looks to me like there's an engine mounting plate that goes down from the tube to a 90 degree bend. The black paint makes it more difficult to see details than what another color would.

Last edited:
They had it in stock for a while at one time, I remember; the $799 price didn't include free shipping; if I remember correctly, shipping was $80. The MM-B212 was sold out everywhere after Christmas, for a couple of months; probably taking a while to build up supply (consider how many models MM has, and the 212 probably isn't their best seller due to price). The MM-B212 is available from Amazon and direct from Monster Moto, now. I "track" minibikes on Walmart and Amazon, looking for the deal of the century, but that was probably last year when Walmart stores were supposedly selling CT200U's for $124 (which I missed out on because no stores near me had any).

Funny, I recently tried to buy a rear wheel for my CT200U direct from Coleman. They told me the wheel was discontinued??? That wheel fits all of the 200 series bikes.
Did you try ordering it from the website or did you contact customer service? If you contacted customer service, the rep may not have known what he/she was talking about. I just went on the website and was able to add a CT200U rear wheel to my shopping cart (I then removed it 'cause I don't need one).

CT200U - Rear Wheel and Rear Rack

SAS289

Looks pretty good but you can bet on having the same old Coleman issues. What's nice is that buyers have quite the knowledge base on the internet for just about every one of those issues.

Looks like Murray trac2 type style.Guess you could weld hinge on front of seat support and dual shock mounts.Bet BT stands for big tire :laugh:

If you're using a PC, right click the picture in post #1, click "View image", when the larger image appears, click it for a huge picture; looks to me like there's an engine mounting plate that goes down from the tube to a 90 degree bend. The black paint makes it more difficult to see details than what another color would.
Yeah I did as such, Just seemed odd to see so much open space between the bottom front of the engine and frame. Did you see the bubble gum welding on the front peg pipe? Yikes!

Did you try ordering it from the website or did you contact customer service? If you contacted customer service, the rep may not have known what he/she was talking about. I just went on the website and was able to add a CT200U rear wheel to my shopping cart (I then removed it 'cause I don't need one).

CT200U - Rear Wheel and Rear Rack
Yep, both, on the form it had shown out of stock when I tried ordering, so I contacted CS to find out when it might be back in stock. And that's when they told me it was discontinued....???

Man that thing is ugly as sin. Put a :anon.sml: on it and it'll look better. You'd think Coleman would have learned by now that people want front and rear suspension. Not just fatter, uglier pipes that are likely to be paper thin and not actually give you any strength/support.

Junk , no rear suspension , why would anybody want it ?
I don't want it; I posted it because it's something new. Any new minibike is a good thing, IMO. Add rear suspension and the price goes up; add a torque converter and the price goes up; same for electric start, full lighting, or anything else someone may want. Coleman knows they can sell plenty of $300 - $600 minibikes, but I'm guessing they have doubts about selling a lot of $900 minibikes and are reluctant to get into that price range. The TrailMaster MB200-2 (rear suspension) and Monster Moto MM-B212 (no rear suspension) are nearly $900, and I would guess neither sell in large numbers. A lot of people who want something aren't willing to pay for it. If priced right, this will sell.

It may not be your cup of tea, but really what bike is? You mod it to fit your needs/desires. Isn't that what most folks do?
Maybe Coleman or such should look into an option list for each bike. Kinda like buying a car. You can buy the no frills version or the loaded version,or something in between.

Nahhh, never happen. Too easy and cheap to build just one, and if you don't like it you can pass on it or mod it to taste.

SAS289

I don't know about anyone else but when I was a kid I seen no suspension and a lawn mower engine= mini bike. Then I seen a Honda 70. Suspension and gears= motorcycle. I still think that to this day. :laugh:

I don't want it; I posted it because it's something new. Any new minibike is a good thing, IMO. Add rear suspension and the price goes up; add a torque converter and the price goes up; same for electric start, full lighting, or anything else someone may want. Coleman knows they can sell plenty of $300 - $600 minibikes, but I'm guessing they have doubts about selling a lot of $900 minibikes and are reluctant to get into that price range. The TrailMaster MB200-2 (rear suspension) and Monster Moto MM-B212 (no rear suspension) are nearly $900, and I would guess neither sell in large numbers. A lot of people who want something aren't willing to pay for it. If priced right, this will sell.
The problem is we all know that it doesn't cost them an extra $300 to add rear shocks. Maybe look at what people have been asking for and do that for a reasonable price versus just redoing what you already have. I mean, they likely had to redo their machinery to make way for the new pipe configuration for these new ones, so they could have easily changed how they made the frame allowing for two cheap rear shocks to bolt on.