Coleman bt200x won't start

I got a coleman CT200U. It was running fine but I wanted it to go faster lol. so I took out the governor and now it won't start.. anyone have ideas??? I checked the spark plug that's good, got fresh gas.

SAS289

If you cannot go over your work and figure out the mistake then you will have to get a new engine. If you get a new engine don't make the same mistake trying to get more speed. For anyone new to these Colemans the first step to get more speed should be installing a Comet 30 series TAV2 torque converter. Do nothing else to the bike until it is installed and ridden. There are plenty of videos on Youtube detailing the installation specific to the Coleman. With the TAV installed on a Coleman with stock gearing there are no benefits in removing the governor. If you later decide to build a big HP engine capable of safely handling high RPM, it is then that you would remove the governor during that build.

We have no idea what you have done. Have you had the rocker cover off? Is the push rods in position to be able to open valves? Is your new throttle arrangement even able to open the throttle on the carb? Did the cam fall out of position and out of time? Hope you find the issue.

My neighbor's kid has a coleman bt200x & he rode for about a week & all of a sudden it quit running & is hard to get started but when it does start it cuts off as soon as you get on it. He's been leaving the gas on (dont know if that has something to do with it). I took the carb off & cleaned it same thing happened so I thought it might be flooded so I cut the gas off & kept pulling it to try & burn the gas in the motor off but still nothing. What else could it be?
Appreciate but pull start won't budge

I have a Coleman ct200u-ex.... Just got it about a month ago... Runs great. Everything is perfect. Except I like to turn the gas Off and let it run till it dies... That way there's isn't gas left sitting in the carburator... But I can turn off the gas and my engine will stay running like normal... It never shuts off... Hell I can start it and run it with the gas switch off or on... It's runs on both.... Any suggestions on how to get the gas to shut off ?
Thanks in advance

I have a Coleman ct200u-ex.... Just got it about a month ago... Runs great. Everything is perfect. Except I like to turn the gas Off and let it run till it dies... That way there's isn't gas left sitting in the carburator... But I can turn off the gas and my engine will stay running like normal... It never shuts off... Hell I can start it and run it with the gas switch off or on... It's runs on both.... Any suggestions on how to get the gas to shut off ?
Thanks in advance
Sounds like your shutoff valve is not working properly.

As a side note, i open the petcock in the Spring, and close it in the Winter. I keep the valve open all season and have zero issues. I also use treated fuel and have a slide carb. If float height is correct, fuel should not be leaking past the needle/seat.

This may sound odd, but I've had a mini bike where the plastic piece over the filter had the choke diagram wrong, so when you thought it was off it was really on and vice versa. I'm assuming you have already looked at that though since you've had the carb off, so I doubt it'd be that. Just thought I'd mention it though.

It could also be a loose spark plug wire. Make sure it's pushed all the way down. And if you think the actual crank case may be filled with gas, remove the spark plug altogether and pull the pullstart a few times. It should kick out any liquid in the crank case via the spark plug hole.

And depending on how old the neighbor kid is, are you sure he didn't try to adjust the governor/throttle screws? He may have fiddled with the throttle cable/housing, or possibly turned the plastic screw adjustment on the carb which would mess up the idle causing it to not want to stay running.
My hisun is same way backwards.
wait it's my fuel switch that is backwards.