Coleman CT200 rear sprocket

slt

I put on the TAV torq-a-verter. Its still geared awfully high, would like to put a bigger rear sprocket on. I cant find anything with the stock dimensions: 40mm center hole, 80mm bolt spacing, 420 teeth. Stock is 50 tooth, would like to go up to 60 or 72, but not finding anything with that bolt pattern. Anyone have any leads?

slt

I found one, tried to post the link but this board wont let you.

howardsoutdoor dot com > MINI BIKE PARTS > BAJA MINI BIKE PARTS (DOODLEBUG & MB200) > BAJA MB200 PARTS (BAJA WARRIOR & HEAT) > SPROCKETS >

They do custom ones for the BAJA MB200/165 which I think is the same size as the Coleman. They'll do anything between from 56-72 tooth

Last edited:
Yeah I saw that on Coleman group..been thinking of eliminating my jackshaft inverting clutch and possibly use a 64 to 68t rear sprocket with a spring tensioner...giving me small top end bump and eliminating that friction loss..I could always change back..I don't think I would tho..my ride area is small not so hilly I not need top end speed much

ryGuy

Nice! Is that the noname TAV2 from OldMiniBikes? I have that on my wishlist :) was it bolt on? I see you cut that one upright there, probably on the other side too?

This is the converter I have picked out:

https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/Torque-Converter-3-4-Bore-41-Chain.html

and this is the sprocket, but not sure if it will work (the howardsoutdoor dot com site appears to not be up at the moment? coming soon?)

https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/Steel-Sprocket-60-Tooth-41-Chain.html

Looks like it would fit OK...what do you think? What kinda top speeds you gettin?

be advised:if you install a TAV you can change the springs in it to tune the engagement RPM and how quickly it goes into overdrive. I white springs in mine and it will stay in low, torque, hill climbing, accellerating range unless I am going down hill or on a long flat road.

Is this torque converter a bolt on mod or does it require frame notching or cutting? You also mentioned it was geared to high with the stock sprocket. Do you mean it didnt have the low end torque you were looking for?

I have a ct200 on the way and want to ensure it will pull my 220lb butt around when trail riding. Top speed doesnt need to be over 30mph but want it to have the torque to drag me around.

Appreciate the help!

Is this torque converter a bolt on mod or does it require frame notching or cutting? You also mentioned it was geared to high with the stock sprocket. Do you mean it didnt have the low end torque you were looking for?

I have a ct200 on the way and want to ensure it will pull my 220lb butt around when trail riding. Top speed doesnt need to be over 30mph but want it to have the torque to drag me around.

Appreciate the help!

Aaaand disregard. I see the pic now. Just a little slow in my old age.

slt

The engine needs to be lifted up about 3/4 of an inch. I just used some cheap square tubing from Home Depot to lift it.

The crossbar infront of the rear wheel will interfere. I cut mine off with the intention to weld it back on this spring once its warmer out. Bike seems fine without it, though.

Stock gearing is to high for the torque converter. It will still pull you around, but will probably never spin up to higher ratios. The bigger rear sprocket gives it gobs of low end torque and also lets it spin up so you get some top speed as well. I was riding around in 8" deep snow behind my hose with it, an absolute blast.

What top speed are you getting with the 72 tooth? I'm hitting 38-39 with a stock 6hp, tav2 10 tooth and 50 tooth rear on a bike similar to the warrior. I want more low end but don't wanna lose top speed.

I used this torque converter:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FQQ2CXG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I dont know about that rear sproket. I had a heck of a time finding one that would fit. Sucks howardsoutdoor isn't working anymore.

Measurements on rear sprocket are:

Mounting Hole Distance (center to center): 3-1/8"(80 mm)
Center Hole Diameter: 1-9/16" (40 mm)

I think the mounting holes on that OldMiniBikes on are too close.
REBEL GEARS CUSTOM MADE MOTORCYCLE SPROCKETS ANY SIZE looks like Howards may have split off from Rebel gears or something..site is up under this..haven't tried ordering but site is up..maybe call or shoot email to them