coleman ct200 sprocket changes

houg

i have a coleman ct200 and want to swap out the 20t jackshaft sprocket to get a higher top speed anyone have any suggestions on what size sprocket i can use?? i was thinking of going from 20t to 16t ???
unfortunately i bought a torque converter only to find out that my crankshaft is 5/8 and all the torque converter kits are for 3/4 cranks

houg

i all ready have one unfortunetly it cant be used, the key in the drive pulley is part of the pulley not a seperate key and isnt deep enough to sit in the crankshaft properly it will sit in the sleeve all right but not the crank, if it slips you destroy your crankshaft,
let us know if it works out for you

I just installed the PMR Jackshaft. Mine went from 27mph stock to 33mph with just the Jackshaft swap. Only cog different was the clutch at 11 tooth vs. The stock 10 tooth. Went from 10.0 to 1 to 9.091 to 1. Want to change the second 20 tooth cog to an 18 tooth....should get to 35 - 36 mph. This is all with the gov intact but throttle stop screw all the way out.

Last edited:
I just installed the PMR Jackshaft. Mine went from 27mph stock to 33mph with just the Jackshaft swap. Only cog different was the clutch at 11 tooth vs. The stock 10 tooth. Went from 10.0 to 1 to 9.091 to 1. Want to change the second 20 tooth cog to an 18 tooth....should get to 35 - 36 mph. This is all with the gov intact but throttle stop screw all the way out.
Say,saw you said you went hotrod on ct200u..put it a pic up in "rides" it's easy

i have a coleman ct200 and want to swap out the 20t jackshaft sprocket to get a higher top speed anyone have any suggestions on what size sprocket i can use?? i was thinking of going from 20t to 16t ???
unfortunately i bought a torque converter only to find out that my crankshaft is 5/8 and all the torque converter kits are for 3/4 cranks
I haven't seen a sleeve that works. Only 2 options: Predator engine or swap crankshaft with GX200 clone crankshaft ($25).

I did the crankshaft swap:
[video=youtube;b5H49Qs4xjY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5H49Qs4xjY[/video]