Coleman CT200U Accessories?

Jockey

Thought about making things for the Coleman ct200u and similar mini bikes. Is there anything out there people would be interested in? I've always been into manufacturing things for people's needs. What are some things people would like to see made?

Jockey

That's actually in the works as I have already added a legit handle bar light switch and a led headlight to mine. I'm currently debating where to put the battery holder and for what kind. I have been looking at either lithium polymer or lithium iron phosphate. Lead acid is heavy and can spill and off gasses but is not out of the equation. I like the lithium iron phosphate as they weigh as much a non working empty display battery but are quite pricey.

Jockey

I have one of a few designs I threw together in the garage I would like for someone to try out. I need to know if the frames on the CT200U are true to one another or if it will need adjustments. It's free of charge. If the frames work out for the most part I will make more in my friends machine shop next time. It's setup for a 1270f2 battery like I posted. All I need is a shipping address from a candidate and feedback on it.

Talentcell 12V DC Output Lithium Ion Battery Pack For LED Strip/Light/Panel/A... | eBay. I bought this one ..i cut the wire harness and can take battery pack to 2 bikes using those male leads just need fabricate holder like a cigarette size metal sleave ..12v dc use on utility 35 watt or better.can use to power headlight and rear tail light via switch add another small tail light or use a trailer led light that has dual element for running light and brake light

Last edited:
How about a CT200U TAV install kit specifically for the Chinese TAV that is so popular. Since we know the engine needs raising to accommodate the TC, how about a kit that includes pre-drilled/cut square tubing ( painted red? ), proper bolts, washers and maybe install steps with pics. Slap it in a bag for $20.00-$24.99 and you got your self something alot of trail riding CT200U enthusiasts would buy when upgrading from CC to TAV.

Just my two cents.

If I had one of those bikes I would be working on front suspension parts. Maybe make a new set of front forks and have a Tote Gote kind of look to it. I would mimic this:
gote_020.jpg

Here is a link to the TAV. I have not performed the TAV install as there are some mods that are needed to the chain guard and cross bar as well as either raising the motor 1" to 1 1/4' (hence the precut/drilled steel tubing in a 1" size) or some I believe have cut the TAV's backplate. The bolts are apparently incorrect as well that come with the kit. There are SEVERAL threads on what people have done to install them but its such a natural mod for a bike this size that an install kit would be awesome. Obviously the chain guard and cross bar will still need to be done but this would really help alot of folks. Member Triple A Arsenal is the man to talk with-

Go Kart Torque Converter Cvt Clutch 3/4" Comet TAV2 30-75 217242A Manco 10T 12T | eBay

Here is a link to the TAV. I have not performed the TAV install as there are some mods that are needed to the chain guard and cross bar as well as either raising the motor 1" to 1 1/4' (hence the precut/drilled steel tubing in a 1" size) or some I believe have cut the TAV's backplate. The bolts are apparently incorrect as well that come with the kit. There are SEVERAL threads on what people have done to install them but its such a natural mod for a bike this size that an install kit would be awesome. Obviously the chain guard and cross bar will still need to be done but this would really help alot of folks. Member Triple A Arsenal is the man to talk with-

Go Kart Torque Converter Cvt Clutch 3/4" Comet TAV2 30-75 217242A Manco 10T 12T | eBay
Depends on which motor you are putting it on. Factory Hisun uses metric mounting bolts (TAV comes with metric mounting). I can't speak for factory 3/4" shaft guys but the GX200 3/4 clone crank I installed had a 5/16-20 thread (again TAV comes with metric bolt).

Predator has standard size bolts for mounting I guess.

Jockey

So essentially you'll need 1 1/4" spacers for raising the engine, longer bolts for mounting the engine, and the 4 bolts depending on the engine (predator or hisun) that hold the backing plate to the engine? Anyone know own the length of the bolts for mounting the tav back plate?

I had mine maybe 2 weeks before swapping crankshafts and installing the TAV w/ cutting the frame. Then again paying only $250 makes it easier taking the cutoff wheel to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk