Completed My Taco 22 Restoration

Zooming993

I started the restoration with the idea I wanted to go with a West Bend 580 engine but it wasn’t long after I mounted the 580 that I realized that engine choice didn’t bring back my childhood memories of my Taco. So with this in mind I searched out a period correct B&S 3HP engine and went from there. I’ve attached a few photos of the completed 22.

Build details are as follows:

• 1967 Taco 22 Frame (7P1852) and Forks
• 1966 B&S (80202) 3HP Engine
• New Taco Clutch Cover
• New Fork Tube Bushings
• Chromed Fork Legs & Springs
• Re-sleeved Fork Tubes
• New Taco Seat
• New Hunt Grips
• New Throttle Assembly
• NOS Taco 5” Wheels
• NOS Carlisle Indian Head Tires
• New Axles & Nuts
• New Wheel Bearings
• New Rear Scrub Brake
• New Brake & Foot Peg Rubber
• New Cable Clamps
• Powder Coated Frame & Forks (Super Plum)

Some may wonder why I went with the seat mounting system shown, the reason was, with the WB580 installed it wasn’t possible to fill the fuel tank without removing the seat so I made the seat easily removable.

markus

Some may wonder why I went with the seat mounting system shown, the reason was, with the WB580 installed it wasn’t possible to fill the fuel tank without removing the seat so I made the seat easily removable.

came out looking great! Is the seat hinged or tabbed on the front? I am thinking of a same type idea on a 1961 Caper cycle I have, and possible installation of a briggs 3hp on it. Theres just enough room to stick it in there, but the plug has to be removed and then reinstalled after the engine is mounted since its such a short frame.

Zooming993

Thanks for all the complements.

came out looking great! Is the seat hinged or tabbed on the front? I am thinking of a same type idea on a 1961 Caper cycle I have, and possible installation of a briggs 3hp on it. Theres just enough room to stick it in there, but the plug has to be removed and then reinstalled after the engine is mounted since its such a short frame.[/QUOTE]

Markus,

I used a notched tab. If you look at the closeup photo of the throttle linkage you'll see the retaining mechanism under the seat.