Confused about governor on 212 predator. NEED HELP

Ok so I recently got the 212 and put it on my mini bike. Now when I got it where the throttle hook up is suppose to go which is on the governor throttle I put it but it was super stiff. So I eliminated the governor throttle and ran my throttle cable to the little swing arm thing under the gas tank. It's between the gas tank and pull start. But anyways now when I accelerate it pulls the swing arm thing which has a metal arm connected to the carb so it's a very direct thing and it works good. But my question is since my throttle is basically directly almost to the carb and I don't have the governor throttle hooked up does my governor still work? I haven't taken the gear or the weights out or anything. But I'm assuming it's just in there doing nothing like if it basically has no governor which is good. That's what I want. But idk. You guys let me know if you think it's still working or not. I'm hitting 37mph max bone stock btw. Thanks.

Motra

It's not working. You've bypassed the governor. You should read more about the mods you need to do to safely run without a governor.

Oh ok guys thanks a lot. And another thing is It's a brand new engine and when I pull start it it turns on for a second and then turns off. It does this several times before it actually turns on and stays on. What could this be? I try giving it a little gas when it turns on for that quick second but still nothing.

bandit 40

Oh ok guys thanks a lot. And another thing is It's a brand new engine and when I pull start it it turns on for a second and then turns off. It does this several times before it actually turns on and stays on. What could this be? I try giving it a little gas when it turns on for that quick second but still nothing.
This :confused:......It's not working. You've bypassed the governor. You should read more about the mods you need to do to safely run without a governor.

that video provided by minibikemods, i believe has the governor intact and the throttle setup was/is clean. when you hooked up the throttle, you didnt take the arm off the governor right? hard to understand, pics are good...

are you using the choke to start it? on a cold start... put the choke on, or at least 3/4 of the way up.. pull the motor until it either starts, acts like it wants to start or starts and shuts off... then shut the choke off and pull it again, it may start up for you and run... if its a cold start, this may be typical...

on one of my predators, it likes a little throttle to start when cold... but it is a little modded... not sure if that makes a difference...

after it runs and stays running (warmed up) for a while, when you shut it off, it does fire back up, with one pull? if so, then it was probably just a "cold" start...

My engines do not start up after warming up when I shut them off from an idle without giving them a little gas. Could this be a timing issue? I have a 22low idle jet and there is no soot on the plug but when I run a 23 jet there is soot at 1500RPM idle and it still wont start up when it is warm without giving it gas. Could this be a timing issue?