Connecting rod question???

Street Smart

I just picked up a Tec LH195SP (I think a 2005). It`s so clean! It looks brand new except for the small hole where the rod came through in the front ... LOL
Crank looks really good and I can weld the case. I was wondering if the ARC Billet rod #6282 would fit? Any input? or should I order a stock one using the model and serial numbers... Thanks.

markus

it will fit, you need to cut the governor arm back to the 45 inside the block if retaining it as the pivot point for throttle controls. or remove and plug the hole altogether etc.. It will contact the dipper unless you specifically reset its position (which I would avoid incase the screw/bolt on the outside arm adjuster let loose). The ARC I think has enough room to clear the shaft for the gov gear on the sidecover but double check that when fitting if your wanting to leave the mount shaft intact for some reason....The Clements/Tecumseh motorsports rod you definitely have to cut that back or remove as it has a bigger wider dipper design though.

Street Smart

looks to be a 72 monte carlo. got my licence in a 70 monte carlo and my two other brothers also.
Yes sir. This was my bosses dads car when i worked at a buick dealer back in the day. Their whole family learned to drive in it before I bought it. Luckily for me it survived a bunch of teen drivers !!!