Cost of sandblasting with powder-coating?

Divouneh

The time is coming, I have already two estimates but the range go from 120 to 300 [emoji857][emoji857][emoji857][emoji857] Box : What are your experience ?

Divouneh,

chrisr

I have done several Super Broncs (sand blast and powder coat) and as you know the Super Bronc is a big frame & front forks and 150-300 is pretty common for Kansas depending on where you go. You can sand and paint it yourself and get good results, just depends on how much time you have on your hands and available resources.

If possible.... Go with the place that will give you a firm price up front. The places that give you a range low to high will most likely charge you the high price when done. It is a sales tactic. They will tell you they had some problem areas, everything took more time Yada Yada Yada, then charge you the higher price.
Also, see if they will let you see some of their recent work or give you references for you to see how good of a job they do.
Let us know how things work out for you.

Danford1

Divouneh

One feed back without values, I agree : it must not be an "open bar" for the USD [emoji9]. However, the frame is the heart from the bike, it has to be well done.

Divouneh,

That's a purrty good range for the most part, as stated above, it better to get a exact price if possible. Check to see if they have some sample pieces that have been powder coated, depending on what company it is, they will have small 3"x3" plates with a vast variety of colors. And remove all grease yourself so no "extra" fees would come up. I had mine blasted and powder coated for $200, but I'm in VA. Also if you wanted to, just get it blasted and paint it yourself. Always a nice touch on a project when you can say "I painted that". Just my opinion

Last edited:

Divouneh

I will clean with high pressure hot water before, and discuss the price in front of the frame, I agree that giving price without seen the item is difficult. To be honest, I am not satisfied with my paints, I do it for small pieces but the frame [emoji45]...
Thanks for your advices [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using OldMiniBikes

My frame is back, I had no surprise with the price ( lower as expected). [emoji57]

Sent from my iPad using OldMiniBikes
How did it turn out? Are you happy with the finish? Is it smooth and shiny?
Oh... of course we want to know what it cost you... :)
AND we love pictures.

Danford1

Nice price and it will hold up a lot nicer than a rattle can job for sure. Since powder is thicker than paint, it fills in small imperfections too.

Last edited: