Couparral Tony-pony minibike

I have a 1970 Couparral minibike that was made in Saint Paul, MN. The ad I have attached to this thread is the picture of what I have. Although, my bike does not have the original 10 HP Chrysler engine that came stock. Does anyone know where I can find the original engine or one similar? I know this is a very rare bike.

You won't be thanking me when you find out how much these little jewels go for. :laugh:

You have a very cool bike. I bet back in the day, it was a real hot rod. I'm sure many of us would like to see some photos, and maybe a restoration chronicle from you. :thumbsup:

Arctic Cat Screamer has the same engine-west bend 820- what a blast to drive!! You need a Salsbury 330 torque converter setup also. I believe you engine is model #82015, there is one on ebay now.

That is one heavy duty minibike, looks as well built as a Gilson if not better. Great score and worth spending the $ to make it as it should be IMO.:thumbsup:

Picked up a West Bend 820. Now, I need a parts schematic and ideally, a repair manual. Any suggestions on where to find that kind of info? It is my first West Bend and I'm a novice at engine re-build (I'm used to reparing old Briggs motors). What are the differences between the model 82030 and 82015?

I74

I was looking @ the 820 torque / HP curve graph, pretty impressive !!
Noticed the spec ratio for mixing also, 24 -1.
Don't think it would ever have oil starvation.
The 50 - 1 ratios these days are a joke !
50 drops of gas for 1 drop of oil.
Then you get people that mix the 50 - 1, with garbage alcohol fuel,, & wonder why their engines sieze, & ''or '' blow up. LOL