Couple of engines I restored

Here are a few pics of the engines I just finished restoring. The black one is an HS40 with lighted coil from my 71 speedway scorpion and the white one is a '66 Briggs 3hp from my Fox Campus. The Hs40 was a pretty extensive rebuild with new piston, rings, valves and gaskets. The Briggs was in very good shape so it only needed gaskets and a carb rebuild. The tins on both engines are cleared with Spraymax 2K. Thanks to all the members that helped with tips and info and thanks for looking. Chad

Here are a few pics of the engines I just finished restoring. The black one is an HS40 with lighted coil from my 71 speedway scorpion and the white one is a '66 Briggs 3hp from my Fox Campus. The Hs40 was a pretty extensive rebuild with new piston, rings, valves and gaskets. The Briggs was in very good shape so it only needed gaskets and a carb rebuild. The tins on both engines are cleared with Spraymax 2K. Thanks to all the members that helped with tips and info and thanks for looking. Chad

Sweet stuff. Especially the Tecumseh.

Hello,

Great work on the engines! Do you do the restoration as a business or just personal? I am interested on having 3 H Series Tecumseh engines redone. I am willing to ship since I know your in MN and I'm in NY but you engines look like you take pride in the outcome. Thanks. Great work again. Lmk.

Thx,
Greg D
Bayside NY

Hello,

Great work on the engines! Do you do the restoration as a business or just personal? I am interested on having 3 H Series Tecumseh engines redone. I am willing to ship since I know your in MN and I'm in NY but you engines look like you take pride in the outcome. Thanks. Great work again. Lmk.

Thx,
Greg D
Bayside NY
Sorry Greg I am a residential contractor by trade and this is just my hobby. These are only the 2nd and 3rd engines I've ever done. I enjoy doing them but they are time consuming and I would imagine a professional would get several hundred dollars each to do them. I mainly read several threads on this site, asked questions and gave it a try. That Tecumseh was the first engine I ever took completely apart. One thing you should do is download the Tecumseh manual. It's very helpful.

Chad