Couple questions about my new mini

joshua. c.

that green wire coming out on the carb side is the kill wire. just mount a switch to it and run the other wire off the switch to the body of the engine somewhere preferably to part of the crank case. that carb was a later model carb the earlier ones came with no primer and a choke. and from what I've read the early choke carbs started easier. I've run the choke carbs but I never ran a primer carb so I have no point of reference on that one.

I just picked up one of these OHH50 motors (complete) from a guy for $70 who replaced it with a Predator. I asked if it ran and he said it did but needed some 'work' and he already had the Predator so....Anyway I got into it today and 'ran when parked' is overrated as we all know. Carb was rusted inside and full of black oil?, needle was almost welded into the seat bore, linkage was all funked up but was complete, I'm going to run a slide carb so this was all expected but the condition of the cylinder was not. Deep gouges all around the piston and lots of trash in there like it was stored outside with no plug under a tree or something. Took the side cover off and BLACK sludge for oil was present. Lots of stuff in the oil too. Looked like moly as it was shimmering like mettalic paint but it wasnt large enough for bearing material. I pulled the piston and it was in good shape as well as the compression rings, no rough spots where they were riding the grooves. Oil control ring was there but only 66% of it! a 1.5" gap with only the spring spreader showing. I dont know where it went, dont really care now but where do I get a set of rings for this thing? Tecumseh 35545A is a .010 over piston kit but its N/A as well as the .020 over. I measured the piston at 66.1mm with some cheap calipers What is the SAE size of this? 2 5/8 is 66.6mm and 2 19/32 is like 66.1xx so what does the Tecumseh guru say the SAE piston size is on this "172cc Enduro" motor? The oil ring is 3mm so I was looking for a 66.1mm oil ring from a Suzuki DR200 but they do not call out the thickness of its 66.1mm rings. Im taking a B&D INTEK 205 apart now and I have a Honda G200 core (no fywheel) and a G150. Can I use the G150 flywheel on the 200? Seems parts for the Honda G (flat head) series are dirt cheap and still plentiful. I got the Intek and the 2 Hondas for $20 a piece and all I really wanted from the Hondas were the chrome muffler and the metal tank but I may end up using one. Oh, my kill switch (momentary closed) is mounted right next to the starter pull and the throttle is horizontal under the overhead tank, not vertical like yours. Mine says 2006 emission regs., date code of 1311 so maybe Nov 13 of 2006? So if the bore is shot ad no rings are available, I got a carb that cleaned up, a 3/4 bore belt clutch, exhaust pipe and carb inlet....