cr80!

well it looks like im getting a cr80 tomorow for a killer price and im excited is and old 81 which i think is an elsinore? but the giy said it runs but needs carb work what you guys think about them? i heard they are fast

MB165

80-81 were the same except for swing arm. 81 had a box type and the 80 had tubing.
both were elsinore. does it have the filter cover? those always seem to be missing on them.

well it looks like im getting a cr80 tomorow for a killer price and im excited is and old 81 which i think is an elsinore? but the giy said it runs but needs carb work what you guys think about them? i heard they are fast
If you get it post some good pics.:thumbsup:
Michael

Nice bike!:thumbsup:
My son is just finishing up completely rebuilding a 1977 Yamaha YZ80 engine (5 speed) and looking to purchase a 1977-1979 YZ80 roller or a complete bike with a worn out or broken engine to install it in.
Michael

that;s a good looking motorcycle jason.

check head gasket, rings, etc.. and take some pics.

now that you are a cyclist will you still be hanging
around here?

:thumbsup:

Look at the POSITIVE- You are going to get some experience, education and FUN working on a 2-stroke!:laugh:
Michael
Yea I got upset at first but it's a 1980 and I sought the rings were ever change and I only payed 200 Which around here is a steal, I looks like it'll cost 50 for a piston with rings

Two strokes are easy enough to do a piston & re-ring job on.

The most fun I ever had on a dirtbike was my KX80. I regret selling that little guy.

Small 2 strokes are awesome, you'll get used to it. :thumbsup: