Craiglist nut

No surprise.

Here's a higher priced one from my area.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/d/antioch-coleman-mini-bike/7425830036.html

I don't get why these people think a 212 Predator is a better engine than the stock 196cc that comes in them. Both put out the same hp, but the 212 has a slightly lower torque rating. The only reason I can see to do a swap is if you have the 5/8" crank on the 196. I'd rather just swap in a 3/4" crank instead of buying a whole new engine.

It does look like prices may be coming down a bit here. Found 2 that aren't overly expensive.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/snw/d/gilroy-mini-bike/7434692592.html

Would take 4-5 hours of my day and probably $60 in diesel to get it though.

Another. Not cheap, not overpriced. IIRC, I paid $200 for mine a few years ago.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/mpo/d/sebastopol-mini-bike/7437105508.html

toomanytoys

There are a slew of barely ridden coleman bikes for 400 to 450 here. That's not bad considering that most of the time they are 650 to 750 new now.

I think I paid 299 for my ct200u a couple years ago....

Who'd ever think Chinese minibike would gain value.

Lizardking

Who'd ever think Chinese minibike would gain value.
You can thank covid for that one. Even used and new cars come with the "covid tax" at the moment. For how long??

At the height of the pandemic things were hard to find at the stores(like mini bikes) and gained a covid tax on the streets.

Now most people are back working and most kids are back to school or the next thing. More Chinese bikes on the used marketplace that will drive the price down.

toomanytoys

You can thank covid for that one. Even used and new cars come with the "covid tax" at the moment. For how long??

At the height of the pandemic things were hard to find at the stores(like mini bikes) and gained a covid tax on the streets.

Now most people are back working and most kids are back to school or the next thing. More Chinese bikes on the used marketplace that will drive the price down.
Very true. I am sitting on a several thousand bucks to buy up covid crash used motorcycles...! I want another street bike and a dirt bike.

Very true. I am sitting on a several thousand bucks to buy up covid crash used motorcycles...! I want another street bike and a dirt bike.
My friend recently picked up a 2005 CBR600F4i for $3k a few weeks ago. All stock, never wrecked. It's super clean. His plans are to use it as a track day toy since he doesn't street ride anymore. Deals are out there.

Attachments

joshua. c.

It's comical what some people ask for bikes sometimes, Its clear they didn't do any research at all. One guy in my area recently posted a beat up rusted old fox condor frame with the wrong motor and missing 99% of the parts for 10,000$ calming it was super rare. that bikes not rare and is worth maybe 150$ max in that state. I've also seen stock used bikes (Coalman Motovox Baja) with an asking price higher than they cost new. When people make posts like these, they're going to realize the hard way that they won't get the money they're asking and they'll either give up and remove the post or lower the price. Only one in a blue moon do they ever get what they are asking. This happens on ebay as well, way overpriced mini bike parts that just sit online for months without so much as a bite. There's an old saying that explains all of this, you cant fix stupid!

DaddyJohn

If you take a look at the current new mini offerings, the little DB30/MM80/CT100, etc. type bikes are going for $500, and the bigger CT200U-EX type bikes are $800-900 (if you can find them in stock). Then you have sales tax, and often shipping charges... Call it inflation or whatever, but combine that with a thin supply, and of course used prices will rise. Think you can’t sell a MM80 you got on sale for $250 for more than you got it for? If it’s in nice shape, you sure can. I’m not saying everyone is justified in asking a Hail Mary price or anything, but there’s plenty of evidence that a strong price might just pay off.