Craigslist rescue…

So, I found this frame and wheels on CL. Cleaned it up, powder coated, new tires, brake set-up, seat. Time to add power and clutch. Anyone know what brand / model I’ve got? At 6’3” 220lbs, should I be considering a torque converter? If someone has this identical frame, I’d like to see the chain configuration, jack shaft, etc.
Thanks, y’all. CT A8A91B89-1A59-4F0F-855C-8F1C37D8ACF8.jpeg

So, I found this frame and wheels on CL. Cleaned it up, powder coated, new tires, brake set-up, seat. Time to add power and clutch. Anyone know what brand / model I’ve got? At 6’3” 220lbs, should I be considering a torque converter? If someone has this identical frame, I’d like to see the chain configuration, jack shaft, etc.
Thanks, y’all. CT View attachment 298436
'68 or '69 Fox. The footpegs are the tell. Did someone modify the frame for a jackshaft and disc brake? If so, it's a Sprite.

Edit: Pretty sure it's been modified. If it's a Sprite, they originally came with rear scrub brake those years.

Last edited:
Or it's a Trail Bug.
…and we have a WINNER. There are factory brackets welded to the frame; I fabricated a bracket to utilize a caliper on the rear sprocket for “disc brake”. So, was the manufacturer “Trail Bug” or is that the model? Looking forward to working with a jack shaft, bearings, etc. Still wondering if a torque converter is the play rather than a centrifugal clutch?

…and we have a WINNER. There are factory brackets welded to the frame; I fabricated a bracket to utilize a caliper on the rear sprocket for “disc brake”. So, was the manufacturer “Trail Bug” or is that the model? Looking forward to working with a jack shaft, bearings, etc. Still wondering if a torque converter is the play rather than a centrifugal clutch?
Fox Corporation from Janesville Wisconsin. The Trail Bug was a step up from the Spite, in that with the jackshaft, it could be powered by a 3, 4, or 5 horse.
Adding a torque converter is your call. It's a matter of if it will fit, and your fabrication skills.
Cool bike. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Fox Corporation from Janesville Wisconsin. The Trail Bug was a step up from the Spite, in that with the jackshaft, it could be powered by a 3, 4, or 5 horse.
Adding a torque converter is your call. It's a matter of if it will fit, and your fabrication skills.
Cool bike. Good luck and welcome to the forum.
Thanks for all the info. I’ll start from the rear and get the jack shaft sorted and determine if I can hang a torque converter out the side…. the one I had on my off-road kart was pretty beefy. Are the Tillotson engines the way to go?

Thanks for all the info. I’ll start from the rear and get the jack shaft sorted and determine if I can hang a torque converter out the side…. the one I had on my off-road kart was pretty beefy. Are the Tillotson engines the way to go?
The Tillotson 212s are manufactured by Ducar. I would choose the Ducar 212 over the Tillotson, it has a better flywheel and it costs less (probably because there's one less middleman between the manufacturer and the customer).

https://www.dynocams.com/item/212-1000/ducar212/