Crankshaft ball bearings

Li'l Popeye

Hello,
I'm wondering what ball bearings you use in your engines. And what the service limits are on the ball bearings, as I couldn't find it.
I have an engine GX160, which has 0,10mm play up and down at the flywheel. It feels like a lot. What would be the limit to replace the bearings? I'm not talking about end play, but the clearance up and down.

I did order some new bearings already; stock genuine bearings, but also 6205 C3 (these come with extra clearance and at some place are being sold as "race" bearings) and normal 6205.
The stock genuine bearings feel okay, the 6205 C3 feel like worn out bearings and normal 6205 bearings also seem to have some play in them.

The stock genuine bearings (NTN brand) costs: $10,66 ea
The 6205 C3 (FAG brand) bearings costs: $4,94 ea
The 6205 bearings (FAG brand) costs: $3,77 ea

65ShelbyClone

The service manual doesn't list a number for radial play in the crank bearings, just "replace if it's excessive" when the bearing is clean and dry. That makes me think that it's not all that critical.

Crank bearings for bike engines often have the C3 and sometimes even C4 clearance spec. Part of that is influenced by the bearing being a press-fit either on the crank or in the case and influenced by different material expansion rates.

I just get the ones isky sells but as most of my builds are new predators I’ve yet to replace any of those. The non hemi build thread was a engine I ran stock for a while I replaced with the ones from isky which are Honda replacements.

Li'l Popeye

The service manual doesn't list a number for radial play in the crank bearings, just "replace if it's excessive" when the bearing is clean and dry. That makes me think that it's not all that critical.

Crank bearings for bike engines often have the C3 and sometimes even C4 clearance spec. Part of that is influenced by the bearing being a press-fit either on the crank or in the case and influenced by different material expansion rates.
Thanks
As I have new c3 bearings I would say they have excessive play already. They feel very loose, compared to the new genuine honda bearings.
Perhaps they are loose, but don't have radial play. I will measure it when I mount them.

Li'l Popeye

I just get the ones isky sells but as most of my builds are new predators I’ve yet to replace any of those. The non hemi build thread was a engine I ran stock for a while I replaced with the ones from isky which are Honda replacements.
Here in the Netherlands we don't have Predator engines. I assume they are chinese clone engines of Honda gx.
We do have chinese clone engines. They're called Loncin or Ptm or sometimes Lincon. I'm not sure about the quality. I'll stick with Honda.
The engine that has the bearing play is in use since 2003 and I bought it a couple of years ago. As the play fewls excessive to me I'll replace the bearings.