CT200U-EX with Wildcat 223

LIVIT

Got to do some actually trail riding yesterday, at my buds property near river. My Coleman 200 with 223 performed great ! My bud rode it and stated that he was going to get a Wildcat 223 for his Baja now. I did get to do some rather steep climbs up bank from river, it pulled me up from dead stop with no issues.

My setup: Coleman 200U-EX Wildcat 223 with stage 1 minus larger carb jet, CVT. 10 tooth drive gear, 50 tooth sprocket. Governor is NOT disabled, just moved spring, throttle return spring is 5 coils shorter than stock spring.

LIVIT

Update: Been running the Wildcat 223 for over a month now. Bike gets ridden 3-4 days a week. No problems, still starts on first pull every time. Really looking forward to doing a modified Wildcat 223 build soon. This engine has a lot of torque with just a stage 1 kit. Modified build will have a banzai 275 cam, billet rod, billet flywheel, roller rockers, pushrod and guide upgrade and a WC22 carb from EC carbs. Plus I will port and polish head, Might even shave it down a little. It should be a screamer !

LIVIT

Over 2 months now of bike being ridden 3-4 days a week. Other than oil change, the only other thing I did was a 60T sprocket and a Tach. Engine still starts first pull and I've had no problems with it. With the 60T sprocket it jumps up to speeds in the 40's fast. 44mph at around 4500rpm and it still had more to go, but the wet conditions kept me from wanting too on the stock tires !

toomanytoys

One thing I’d suggest before some high speed ripping is change the axle bolts and wheel bearings out for good quality American made products! I never had any issues with the stock tires but they wore out real fast.

bike was made to go 19mph and here we are making them run more than double than they were made for!

a lot of fun. I’ve had my ct200 up into the mid 50s.

LIVIT

One thing I’d suggest before some high speed ripping is change the axle bolts and wheel bearings out for good quality American made products! I never had any issues with the stock tires but they wore out real fast.

bike was made to go 19mph and here we are making them run more than double than they were made for!

a lot of fun. I’ve had my ct200 up into the mid 50s.
Exactly, for sure pushing mine way beyond the stock setup. With the stock tires, I can be cruising at around 25mph and if I goose it, the rear tire spins, not a feeling I like. So new tires on the next upgrade list. Bearings are something I was wondering about, but had not thought about the axles. Is there a source you can give me the link too for them please.

LIVIT

Update: Been running this WC223 for about 8 months now. No issues at all ! I did re-set the valve lash, after I was sure it was broke in. I also changed carb jet. I did not really notice a change. I've kept the oil changed often and kept the stage 1 filter cleaned and lubed. I've actually got a couple more of these engines, that I'm going to be upgrading eventually, but that will be another post.

LIVIT

Thanks for the update, I was just looking at this as a motor to replace a stage 1 196cc and glad to know you are enjoying it.
This one is still running great with never an issue. I did find that it likes a .002 or less valve lash. Get from EC Carbs, they have the best price on them.

This one is still running great with never an issue. I did find that it likes a .002 or less valve lash. Get from EC Carbs, they have the best price on them.
I was looking at the electric start version of the 223 and a Tav30. Thought of grabbing a pipe and EC WC22 carb kit. Is the WC22 carb what you are using? Did you get around to doing more upgrades?

LIVIT

I was looking at the electric start version of the 223 and a Tav30. Thought of grabbing a pipe and EC WC22 carb kit. Is the WC22 carb what you are using? Did you get around to doing more upgrades?
On this WC I'm running the stock carb and you can change the Jet in it if needed. Unless you're going to completely remove the governor and upgrade with a pinnacle forged rod and an aluminum flywheel and a cam like the ghost buster. I suggest not changing the carb over to a slide style, ya don't need too. The stock carb works great with a stage 1. Go Power Sports has a nice header made for the CT200U-EX it with a RLV mini 91 or RVL 4101 will actually give you better performance than an open header.

Yes, I've done 7 modified WC223's for friends, customer and myself, so far. Keep in mind, if you change the flywheel, unless you want to spend around $200 you're going to loose your charging coils. Unless you're wanting to build a racing mini, I suggest you stick with the upgrades I mentioned. You will be surprised by the performance and reliability. For the 200U-EX I use the $35 riser off Amazon along with the CVT that cost around $70 and they work great. I also found that the WC's like the NGKBPR6ES gapped at .030. I also only run non ethanol 93 in all mine. My stage 1 CT200 is a wheelie pulling beast and has more than enough top speed, with how I told ya too set your governor. Do Not zip tie or disable your Governor or even talk about doing so on this forum, not only is it dangerous, it's against the rules and I don't want to see ya get banned for it.

Yes, I've used the WC22 carb, but on very modified WC223's with frame mounted fuel tanks. They Do Not work well at all with engine mounted fuel tanks. If you're wanting a performance engine, take a look at the WC223 GT1 or the GT2, the GT2 is how I do the performance builds.