CUSTOM HEALD VT10

How far will those forks compress? Are you going to run a front fender? Will it compress and hit the fender? Windber and fenders are a good idea....
can you make more of these set ups if it works? I have never been a big fan of the Heald spring set up.

What will be your method of securing the fork tubes ?
There will be 3 set screws on each side , and the end of the fork tube is turned down by .060 and a washer gets welded in the top of the triple tree so it cant side through , I just haven't got that part done yet , the set screws will be on the inside of the tube , I have done this before and it works out very nice

How far will those forks compress? Are you going to run a front fender? Will it compress and hit the fender? Windber and fenders are a good idea....
can you make more of these set ups if it works? I have never been a big fan of the Heald spring set up.
I can control the amount of travel with pvc tube inside the fork tubes , I will be making some of these to sell down the road but right now I have way to much work in the shop right now to be worrying building them , I got this OLD guy in Wisconsin that wants his custom frame and forks built so I better get on that soon :) :) :)

Well I got to work on the Heald today after plowing 16" of snow out of the driveway , I'm using an old rear fender for mock up , I have a nice new set from Mr Chatten , had to notch the fender a little to get it where I want it , I wanted a little more space between the tire and fender , also my headlights showed up 20190120_172533.jpg 20190120_172610.jpg

Alright , back to work on the Heald , I want to get the rear fender mounted but until I have the rear wheel where it needs to be the fender had to wait , so the project for today was to get the rear wheel drop outs made and welded on , because of the tires I'm using ( 22x11x8 ) the stock slots wouldn't get th hub back far enough , so that part is now done so I can go back to the fender 20190216_155955.jpg 20190216_161311.jpg 20190216_162440.jpg

I got the bike running for the Northern mini bike ride but the forks were sold before I could finish the whole bike , building more forks for the heald but the shop is busy just trying to keep up with orders for custom exhaust pipes and mufflers , Stay tuned she will get finished up soon heald with seat.jpg northern ride 23.jpg