Custom Skat KItty on Ebay

I noticed a custom Skat-Kitty on Ebay this evening. Auction ends Sunday at 5:13 P.M. pacific standard time. Check it out, it looks pretty sick.

Titled: 1965 Custom Built Motorcycles Skat Kitty
1965 Skat Kitty Custom Minibike signed by "Big Daddy" Ed Roth ***RAT FINK***

Nice job on the build, but I wouldn't ride it through my neighborhood. I'm sorry, Skat Kitty fans. :sad: I would look like a bear on a bicycle, riding it.

Last edited:
The original handle bars were from a schwinn orange crate bicycle and the right bar was drilled to accept the throttle cable.they were not as high as these.

Thanks boatguy!! I need a set of those handlebars for a Skat Kitty restoration. That information may help me find some. I knew they were Schwinn but wasn't sure what to look for!!

They are made by Wald company
They're made by Wald company? Are they still being made? After seeing boatguy's comment I checked ebay and think I may have found a set. I'm heading out to the barn to check the handlebars on my other Skat Kitty to measure the bars. All I'll need after that is a foot pen and chain guard!!

They're made by Wald company? Are they still being made? After seeing boatguy's comment I checked ebay and think I may have found a set. I'm heading out to the barn to check the handlebars on my other Skat Kitty to measure the bars. All I'll need after that is a foot pen and chain guard!!
Wald still makes handlebars yes...there are re-pops they made for the re-pops Schwinns a few years ago. But if you want vintage original..E-bay and look for that name.

I just measured my bars and they're around 29 inches wide. The ones I saw on eBay were were only 26 inches wide. Guess I'll keep looking!