customizing stock forks and frame

I've just got my first mini to fix up, It's a sensation mb6a. Is this bike something that should be kept in stock form or is it average enough to make it viable for mods? First I only have the frame and fork/handle bar and front wheel, they are original and in good condition, I've located a rear sensation wheel so far. The mods I have in mind are suspension front and rear,(seat , not swing arm) and maybe a jackshaft or tc. Any thoughts?

They are common bikes.....but really it only matters what you want to do with the bike. If you want to mod it and make it your own...then doesn't matter what anyone else says. Second...the most common way to add suspension to old bike is adding a pocket bike front end or a pw80 front end. It is the easiest way and basically bolt on and go with slight mods sometimes. When you use those front ends you can go up to a 10'' rim. And for the rest of the mods you mentioned...depends on you.

markus

Just remember the limitations of the frame, if its the 6" sensation stamped wheels, you have no brake other than scrub or band from the start, kinda of a skinny frame as well, so your not going to get larger tire on there most likely without mods there too. Going through the effort to add full suspension and probably good power and you not going to be able to stop it or offroad it very well :shrug:

Do you have a chrome frame sears like your screename??? I am buttoning up a a total refresh on a Christmas chrome 1970 sears Roper 2 speed this week :thumbsup:

I've just got my first mini to fix up, It's a sensation mb6a. Is this bike something that should be kept in stock form or is it average enough to make it viable for mods? First I only have the frame and fork/handle bar and front wheel, they are original and in good condition, I've located a rear sensation wheel so far. The mods I have in mind are suspension front and rear,(seat , not swing arm) and maybe a jackshaft or tc. Any thoughts?
Dear Chrome, Here is a tip from an old dude whose been around minibikes since the 1950's. Take it for what it's worth. To modify a minibike or not depends on the knowledge, mechanical skills, and workshop facilities of the modifier. If you possess a reasonably stocked workshop; you'll most likely end up with a presentable project. However, if you're going to be working in your driveway with a hacksaw and a hand drill; the odds are that you will end with Frankenstein bike or an unfinished pile of scrap sitting out behind the shed. Just my two cents worth. Ogy

Thanks for the input Markus, I don't have the chrome Sears mini, But when I was a kid my neighbor had one and let me ride it and I was hooked! As far as my skill level at fabricating and restoration Ogy, Iv'e restored everthing from a !st place judged 68 Hemi Road Runner to a track driven craftsman snowblower and countless things in between. My question concerned the collectablity / value of this particular bike in stock form vs. modified with tastefully done upgrades.